Position Title: Staff Accountant
Classification: Fulltime, Non-Exempt
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or requirements of this position. Employees are expected to perform other duties and functions as assigned or requested to further support the organization’s mission.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Staff Accountant supports HCHC’s mission by supporting the work of each department as summarized below. The Staff Accountant must have strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills to work effectively with outside agencies and HCHC staff members.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Assist with quarterly and year-end property financial reports
- Assist with the budgeting/variance analysis
- Assist with the general entries for prepaid and fixed assets account
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Ensures that w-9 forms are received before processing payments to vendors.
- Ensure that checks are mailed and/or delivered to the right place.
- Filing vendor invoices and copies for predevelopment draws
- Make Copy of invoices charged to government grants
- Assist with the credit cards and petty cash reconciliation for AP Payments
- Prepare 1099-Misc at year end
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare quarterly deposit for reserves and property fees
- Assist in annual financial audit preparation
- Prepare and review construction draws for Accounts payable, including the duplication of required back-up, in collaboration with the Project Managers and Director of Housing Development.
- Help to maintain electronic and paper records
- Help to prepare for audits by financing partners and government agencies
- Assist with other projects and duties as needed
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient in Real Page or Yardi accounting software preferred
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, basic math skills
- High attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to understand technical forms and financial reports
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of software including Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and produce results
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
Prefer a bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance (or equivalent experience) and two years of related experience.
This position requires daily use of office equipment. May need to lift up to 20 pounds.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed in a busy indoor office environment and the employee must be able to keep focused in an environment with interruptions and distractions. Other responsibilities, such as Company events, will require work to be completed outdoors.
Infrequent travel with and outside of Los Angeles County by car or airplane for trainings and meetings. Must have and maintain a valid California driver’s license and insurance as required by law.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: HCHC HR Department.
Hollywood Community Housing Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other basis protected by law.