- Experience Level
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Chicago, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Executive Assistant provides seamless executive support to the President. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President. The Executive Assistant organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; facilitates workflow, manages schedules and travel plans, and oversees internal projects. The ideal individual will have the ability to be creative, exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. In addition, the ideal individual will be an expert at negotiating complex schedules and travel plans as well as balancing competing demands from different departments and constituents. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
In addition, this position also serves as a lead to other department level executive assistants, providing them with training, support, problem solving assistance and ensuring they are using best practices in their daily work.
Executive Administration (80%):
- Serve as the primary scheduler for the President and coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure the President’s time is allocated in accordance with strategic priorities. Proactively plan the President’s time looking forward over an annual timeline.
- Manage the daily schedule of the President, be the “gatekeeper” of her schedule, proactively ensuring that she knows their schedule in advance and keep executive staff informed when appropriate.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the President’s schedule for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with Development and Communications Department staff to maintain calendar of meetings, business, fundraising and spokesperson related trips. Serve as point of contact for scheduling meetings and video/conference calls with donors and media contacts.
- Collaborate with the President to plan her travel in a sustainable and effective way, managing travel requests from internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with travel agency to coordinate and book travel plans and meeting scheduling for the President, ensuring President is fully prepared for all travel.
- Provide administrative support to President to facilitate the flow of work with external stakeholders and internal staff.
- Partner with Board Relations Team, as needed, and provide backup support for President’s work with Trustees.
- Support the tracking and reporting on the President’s budget.
- Interact with organizations on which President serves, such as The Green Group.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Compile and deliver briefing materials or other information necessary to prepare the President for their daily/weekly work.
- Manage President’s email account and send donor-related communications and requests.
- Prepare expense reimbursements & conduct credit card reconciliations.
- Approve the timecards for the President’s direct reports.
- Oversee meeting logistics as needed, including budgeting and planning.
- Maintain President’s Department operational manual.
- Monitor and oversee management and other confidential files.
- Prepare outgoing correspondence.
Project Management (10%):
- Manage and complete special projects as assigned, including database management, research and planning.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between colleagues to support planning for meetings, off-site functions, and projects.
- Undertake any other duties or projects that may be reasonably required, and deal with matters arising in a timely and effective manner.
Executive Assistant Lead (10%):
- Serve as lead and provide problem solving assistance to department-level Executive Assistants.
- Stay abreast of Executive Assistant best practices and recommend training, support, and tools that can enhance their daily work.
- Coordinate back up coverage for Executive Assistants during vacations and other leaves.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant qualifications such as Certified Administrative Professional® (CAP®), Professional Administrative Certificate of Excellence® (PACE®), Certified Executive Administrative Professional® (CEAP®), or Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) designation preferred.
- Preferred 5 years or equivalent work-related experience supporting Executives in an organization of at least 250 professionals.
- Strong knowledge of Office365 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong calendar management experience managing multiple schedules and calendars for Executives.
- Project Management skills/ability to prioritize work and balance several work streams at a time, a plus.
- Exceptional ethical standards, humility, empathy, sense of humor and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience providing executive support for senior leadership.
- Demonstrated experience proactively managing a complex and dynamic schedule.
- Strong ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance.
- Ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive business and people issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to flex style, work with a wide range of individuals and personalities, establish, and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change with a strong bias for action.
- Excellent judgement. Reacts with appropriate urgency and take effective action without having the total picture.
- Demonstrated experience working with upper management, senior leadership, board of trustees, and high profile individuals and organizations.
- Meticulous attention to detail including excellent proofreading and copy-editing skills.
- Professional, positive, and approachable attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, sometimes under time pressure and facing unexpected challenges, with excellent results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Embraces relevant technology and actively improves his/her skills through informal and formal training.
- Strong computer skills and experience with MS Windows; Office365 including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience with non-profit, public interest organizations, fundraising and legal background helpful.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range in San Francisco, CA: $95,500 - $106,100
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume online via the Jobvite system.
Click here to apply: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=odMobfwi&s=work_for_good
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you're having technical difficulties submitting your application, reach out to email@example.com
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Environment $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Executive / Senior Management Environment $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Environment $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Research Environment $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in San Francisco