Family Services Education Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
Overview: The mission of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is to transform communities by acting as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization through education, innovative development, partnerships and long-term relationships with families. Our service area includes the city of Atlanta and the cities and neighborhoods of South Fulton. Atlanta Habitat is seeking a Family Services Education Coordinator to support our mission.
Position Summary: The Family Services Education Coordinator supports Atlanta Habitat’s mission by providing administrative support to the homebuyer and homeowner education programs and assisting to develop and maintain programs that support homeowners access to information and tools needed for successful homeownership.
The Family Services Education Coordinator is directly responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to My Money, My Future (MMMF), Home Smart, Vision. Goals. Action! (VGA) and all related homeowner programs.
- Assisting to schedule, manage and train non-instructor volunteers to ensure excellent program administration and service to program participants.
- Collaborating with the Family Services Director, the Financial Education Coordinator, and the Community and Homeowner Resource Coordinator (the education team) to ensure the delivery of coordinated, effective programs.
- Managing the inventory of gift-in-kind resources.
- Assisting the education team to create reports and maintain data integrity for the data related to program requirements and homeowner information.
Qualified candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of three years of administrative work experience.
- Previous nonprofit work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of housing issues and neighborhoods in the city of Atlanta preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Access). SalesForce experience preferred. Database management skills are necessary.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and pay attention to details.
- Able to multi-task.
- Able to think independently and apply decision making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to interact well with diverse groups including staff, volunteers, program participants, and stakeholders.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
This position is classified full-time exempt. Office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Mondays through Fridays, with regular evening and weekend work required. Flexible scheduling is permitted to accommodate changes in schedule. Frequent driving around the City of Atlanta and South Fulton County is required - candidates must have a reliable vehicle and a valid drivers’ license. A full benefits package is offered including employer subsidized health insurance, paid time off (PTO), employee gym access, and a retirement savings plan with employer matching.
How to Apply: To apply for this job, please follow the link www.atlantahabitat.org/apply. Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until Friday, November 29, 2019 or until the position is filled.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug‐Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement.