Director of Operations - Southeast Region
- Position Type
- Full Time
Director of Operations
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world.
The Southeast Director of Operations is responsible for managing all aspects of operations at MedShare’s Southeast Distribution Center. These responsibilities include operation of the distribution center, the safety of the operations staff, inventory management, volunteer operations, quality assurance and program fulfillment (shipping). The Southeast Director of Operations also manages the national office space for MedShare which is co-located with the distribution center.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Has responsibility for and oversees the operation of:
- SE Distribution Center Operations
- SE Inventory Management
- SE Volunteer Operations
- Volunteer and Operations staff safety
- National Program Fulfillment
- SE Region vehicle maintenance
- National office facility
- Supports achieving MedShare’s mission through:
- Oversight and management of activities in the SE Distribution Center and SE Inventory Management required to meet our impact goals
- Coordination with Programs staff on issues regarding supply and equipment sourcing, container preparations, MedTeam operations, and corporate and hospital donor relations
- Supervision of the National Program Fulfillment Manager who is responsible for coordinating all program fulfillment shipments for the SE, West and NE throughout the shipment process
- Responsible for SE Operations staff retention, labor relations, policies and procedures
- Sets performance standards for SE Operations staff, conducts performance reviews for direct reports and provides oversight for indirect reports to ensure performance reviews are completed regularly
- Provides financial and administrative support for SE Operations including
- Management of vendors
- Review and approval of invoices
- Review and approval of time cards
- Adherence to and management of the SE Operations Budget
- Supports continuous improvement processes including analysis of performance and cost data and the design and implantation of process improvements
- Supports the annual financial audit process
- Acts as the Southeast facility general manager and oversees the management of the office space and all facility maintenance needs
- Responsible for MedShare Southeast vehicle maintenance, licenses and record keeping
- Oversees facility security and safety procedures and training including fire safety, loss prevention, forklift and driver training and certification records.
- Oversees quality assurance practices, records and procedures
- Participates in the annual budgeting process
- Works with MedShare staff to periodically review operating policies and procedures, recommends needed changes and leads the implementation of changes
- Participates in and leads special projects as needed including the documentation and education of SE and National operation procedures and other initiatives to support MedShare's national growth
- Represents the organization as needed in a public relations role
- Collaborates with the other MedShare locations to establish and implement best practices as well as uniform policies and procedures
- Continuously cultivates external relationships that are beneficial to the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business management, industrial or systems engineering, or related field (or at least 5 years of relevant experience)
- 10+ years of work experience –including experience in a leadership role in a distribution/logistics environment.
- Non-profit management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- 5+ years managing operating personnel as well as supply chain/logistics professionals
- Proven experience managing complex projects
- Able to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines & goals
- Knowledge of warehousing and logistics best practices
- Experience working in culturally-diverse organizations
- Passion for community service, international development and MedShare’s mission
- Fluency in English required. Spanish and/or French language skills are a plus
- International Experience a plus
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Director of Operations, Southeast Region” in the subject line. A slate of successful candidates will be invited for interviews. Due to the large number of resumes generated, only successful candidates will be contacted. Phone calls are discouraged.
MedShare is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or medical condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.
Thank you for considering us!