Community Program Assistant
7 days left
- Degree Level
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is seeking a goal-oriented and self-motivated individual for a temporary position of Community Program Assistant (part-time.) The role of the Community Program Assistant is to provide administrative and program support for Ohio community programs. The time frame for this position is roughly December 2019 - March 2020.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and respond to Chapter phone and email inquiries regarding resources and program registrations.
- Work with Chapter development staff coordinate Facebook and other social media postings.
- Monthly Chapter E-Newsletter: gather content for template, run email list and send.
- Event promotion activities, including emails, dropping flyers in community locations, ensuring advertising and collateral materials are complete.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to coordinate communication with community constituents regarding planned education events;
- Provide support with data collection, assessment and evaluation of programs;
- Other program and administrative projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented, and able to prioritize multiple projects with varied timelines.
- Highly collaborative; ability to work independently and as part of a larger geographically dispersed team.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency required; and strong social media skills helpful
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Community Program Assistant” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.