5 days left
- Degree Level
The Atlanta Speech School
Start Date: January 2020
The Atlanta Speech School has evolved over its 78 years into the nation’s most comprehensive center for language and literacy – earning a rising national reputation as the educational equivalent of a teaching hospital. Through its four on-campus school divisions, four clinical programs and the professional development program, the Rollins Center for Language & Literacy (Rollins Center), the School attracts a staff of the most gifted and committed teaching professionals and educational experts who apply the research of the nation’s leading brain development to achieve transformational language and literacy outcomes for children. The School has never turned away a child in need of services based on his or her family’s financial circumstances. All of the School’s efforts are interrelated and intentional, creating a circle of impact that is continually refined and strengthened across all programs. Our mission is to help each person develop his or her full potential through language and literacy. Please visit our website for further information: www.atlantaspeechschool.org
The Atlanta Speech School is seeking a Staff Accountant to provide assistance to the Director of Accounting with financial reports, general ledgers and bookkeeping.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Organize and summarize accounting data and transactions and prepare relevant spreadsheets and reports.
- Prepare account reconciliations including bank reconciliations.
- Assist in month-to-month and actual to budget variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Support the Director of Accounting with the budgeting process.
- Financial aid administration.
- Assist in preparing for the annual financial audit by ensuring that all records are readily available to the auditors.
- Perform other duties and special tasks as needed to support the work of the department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field with one-year experience in accounting.
- Ability to prioritize and self-direct, analyze situations, identify situations where appropriate.
- Skill in researching, analyzing, and evaluating complex financial data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to provide a high level of customer service and establish and maintain effective interdepartmental communications and relationships.
- Self-starter with the ability to create and manage multiple project and timelines.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to foster and develop relationships of varying capacities and constituencies.
- Maintain confidentiality within a complex operational environment.
- Strong computer skills using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time school position, offering a generous benefit package including health/dental/life/vision and long term disability insurance. The Speech School subsidizes health insurance premiums of staff and families. Other benefits include Flexible Spending Account; 403(b) Plan; cost reduction of some Atlanta Speech School services; complimentary meals onsite during working hours; vacation and accrued sick leave.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: To ensure that your application is considered, please submit cover letter and resume by November 15, 2019.
Director of Human Resources
Subject line: Staff Accountant
Please, no phone inquiries.