Program State Manager
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
We are looking for a passionate team-player to play a significant role in launching our Program State Pilot. This Program seeks to deliver our successful model of recruitment, training and alumnae support through deep partnerships with our state-based boards. Your role will include directly implementing our program while also supporting a team of volunteers on the ground. You’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are a critical component in empowering dozens of Democratic women to run for office – and win – in at least two states. Since this is a pilot, this position will run through August 2020 with the possibility of extension.
The Program State Manager will report to the Training and Curriculum Director and be responsible for the execution of training state program as well as assisting with fundraising, recruitment, communications and alumnae support for the training state
- Oversee all operational and logistical needs for training state programming, including coordinating space, catering, and any IT needs
- Work with Training and Curriculum Director to create and execute the training program, including modifying a curriculum and scheduling and preparing trainers and panelists
- Train boot camp and condensed signature program participants as needed
- Serve as main point of contact for trainees throughout the program
- As needed, coordinate the training, including room set up, material printing and assembly, snack and lunch preparation, and packing up after training
- Summarize and participate in training debriefs and evaluations
- Facilitate recruitment and selection by managing application system, responding to applicant questions, researching potential applicants and coordinating the selection process
- Create and distribute recruitment related social media posts, emails and talking points
- Track and manage alumnae data from training states
- Assist in the creation of newsletters and updates
- Create and post social media graphics and other content related to alumnae
- As needed, assist in direct alumnae support.
Administrative, Fundraising and Communications
- Create fundraising pages, manage data and share reports through NGP
- Provide support around fundraisers including creating invitations and graphics, tracking donations, and assisting with event follow up
- Draft copy for emails, press releases, and social media outlets
- Copyedit, update and answer questions about the website
- Provide data management and entry services for finances
- Provide technical assistance to States in budgeting, board and alumnae development, and fundraising
- Manage emails for training states
- Manage submission of receipts to Nexonia accounting system
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Emerge is seeking the following specific qualifications:
- At least one cycle of campaign (either candidate, grassroots, or advocacy work) experience, two cycles preferred
- Experience coordinating events
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal (experience working professionally with earned or social media is a plus)
- Familiarity with database tools, NGP-VAN, Canva, and WordPress
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to create and maintain friendly and professional relationships with staff, partners and stakeholders that come from a rich mix across race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status and backgrounds
- Experience working with a team of passionate volunteers (experience with a Board of Directors is a plus)
- Strong customer service skills
- Passion for electing women to office
Preferred but not required:
- Experience running a classroom, training room, or other programmatic event
- Experience working remotely or on a remote team
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of Emerge’s mission and we are committed to building an organization reflective of the incredible diversity of our Democratic Party. Applications from people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged.
JOB LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
The Program State Manager will work in the Emerge office in Washington, D.C. from 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office is accessible by public transportation. Some evening and weekend work will be required, with national travel required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter with the email subject “Emerge Program State Manager Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, include a description of how your background aligns with this position and an explanation of your interest in women in politics.
Emerge will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Emerge is changing the face of politics to create an inclusive democracy. We are the nation's premier organization that recruits, trains and provides a powerful network to Democratic women who want to run for office. Since 2002, Emerge has trained more than 4,000 Democratic women to run for office and there are more than 690 Emerge alumnae currently in elected office.
As the national umbrella organization, the role of Emerge is to:
- Elevate the importance of electing more Democratic women at every level of government.
- Empower our current alumnae and affiliates with capacity building and sustainable growth.
- Expand our impact by replicating our successes and partnering with organizations across the country.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Human Resources / Recruiting Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.