Policy and Research Analyst
- Experience Level
MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency with a strong virtual presence, is currently seeking a Policy and Research Analyst. As the organization continues to expand steadily over the last several years, it has opened a need for a full-time permanent position to track, synthesize and research key national trends, relevant policies, health topics, and other issues pertinent to the organization. Although the full job description is available on our website posting, the successful candidate will:
- Works closely with Evaluation and Policy Division to provide secondary research around an assigned topic, including providing comparables for programmatic outcomes or program data
- Writes narrative reports, basic secondary data analysis and synthesis, distilled key informational points, and/or provides recommendations concerning specific assignments.
- Writes documents appropriate to task, audience, and population on subject area assigned including background, trends, and options for solutions.
- Provide updates to key internal parties and explores innovations appropriate to the organization to address changes or emerging trends.
- Target key policy areas -- such as CHWs, health policy, rural health, Latino communities in the U.S., the medically underserved, and upstream/social determinants of health—to ensure key data is captured in a timely manner;
As the position will interface with other staff, divisions, and programs to gather key information, disseminate findings, and explore solutions to various issues, the ability to work independently and as a member of a team is key to success in the position.
Degree(s) in disciplines requiring a synthesis of large volumes of interdisciplinary data preferred. Master’s degree in related field preferred; however, Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field with five years of specific experience in duties of job description is acceptable. In addition, two to four years of experience in policy, research, or related area; excellent writing and verbal communication skills; an understanding of policy, research protocols, and contextual utilization of data required.
As a bilingual, bicultural organization, an ability to speak, read, and write Spanish with bicultural experience is preferred.
Please see the full job description at http://mhpsalud.org/get-involved/job-postings/ for additional requirements. This is ONE position that can be filled from a candidate in any one of the following MHP Salud sites: Ypsilanti, Michigan; Tampa/Orlando, Florida; Weslaco, Texas; or TriCities/Yakima, Washington.
Staff diversity and innovative programming make MHP Salud a fun and supportive work environment. The organization offers positions that challenge staff and inspire personal growth. At the same time, MHP Salud’s excellent, family-friendly personnel policies encourage staff members to model healthy living on all levels.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee (in 2018, only 2.4% of our employees were part-time or temporary), the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
• For health care, we pay 100% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employee’s dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
• We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children, and carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
• You are immediately vested in our 401K retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5 % of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
• In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year, and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in the 4th and 8th year).
Complete application process online at MHP Salud website (http://mhpsalud.org/get-involved/job-postings/).
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS or automated resume only applications will not be considered.
Application review will begin on November 11, 2019 for a hiring process of virtual interviews approximately Nov 14 and 18th and in-person interviews on Dec 4.
Expected date of start: January 1, 2020