5 days left
- Experience Level
BREAK THE FLOOR FOUNDATION is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to providing audition opportunities and financial assistance to high school students planning to pursue higher education with a focus in dance.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Break the Floor Foundation (BTFF). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, strategic plan and programs of the newly formed organization. Other key duties include fundraising, event planning and management, marketing and university outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
This position is ideal for a self-starter with experience setting up procedures and policies for a new non-profit organization. This position is full-time but can include a flexible schedule in terms of in-office commitment. We would like the candidate to commit to a minimum of one-year to help build the program. Candidates for the position must live in the Los Angeles area.
- Plan and oversee annual budget
- Establish administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the non-profit
- Serve as BTFF’s primary spokesperson to all university and corporate partners, scholarship applicants, advisory board members, etc.
- Establish a system that easily allows applicants to provide all necessary information to make timely and informed decisions on worthy recipients
- Establish and maintain relationships with various university dance departments, creating partnerships with BTFF
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy and procedure decisions, fundraising, and event management
- Manage and guide the implementation of a CRM donor database
- Plan and evaluate fundraising campaigns and activities
- Spearhead grant seeking including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements
- Oversee organization and scheduling of board and committee meetings
- Oversee marketing, social media outreach, company website and other communications efforts
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- A Bachelor’s degree (required), Masters (a plus)
- Five plus years of senior non-profit management experience
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, planning and oversight
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations specific to a non-profit organization tied to university scholarships
- Knowledge of setting up a CRM donor database
- Knowledge of and experience with donation, auction and other fundraising software products and interfaces
- Experience with planning and managing events
- Extremely strong organizational skills
- Ability to convey BTFF’s mission and efforts to university partners, dancers, parents, staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with dance and/or performing arts A PLUS
- Experience with non-profits relating to college/university scholarships A PLUS