Senior Development Officer (5+ Yrs Experience)
- Experience Level
Rainbow Railroad USA (www.rainbowrailroad.org) is seeking a skilled development professional who is passionate about LGBTQI rights and who can enthusiastically join our team to increase and diversify our donor base. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Development Officer will play a key role in achieving the strategic objectives and revenue goals for the organization. While fundraising in the USA will be an important component of this position, they will also be an integral member of the entire development team. Regular travel throughout the United States and Canada is required.
- With support of the Director of Development, lead and execute “All Aboard” – Rainbow Railroad’s senior volunteer fundraising committee in both the United States and Canada.
- Create and manage a pipeline of donors at the $1000+ level. Produce individual donor plans, develop and implement long-term strategies for philanthropic investment and stewardship, considering the interests and preferences of each donor.
- Build the organization’s foundation grants and corporate gifts portfolio.
- Prepare customized proposals and agreements for individual/foundation/corporate prospects.
- Engage in continuous prospect research – identifying opportunities for major gifts and grants.
- Build a moves management system for individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Assist senior volunteers in their identification of prospects and prepare regular progress reports.
- Organize cultivation, corporate, and stewardship events as needed.
- Manage a major gifts portfolio for the Executive Director and other senior staff.
- Minimum of 5 years fundraising experience with proven major gift and grant writing expertise.
- Understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic practice.
- Bachelor degree in a related field or other relevant education.
- You have excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- You are very flexible and skilled at multi-tasking. You are also a problem solver.
- You have exceptional prospect research, communication, and grant writing skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal and volunteer management skills.
- You are a strategic thinker that also knows how to execute plans.
- You have intermediate to advance knowledge of fundraising databases and Microsoft Office.
- You have the ability to function with a high degree of independence, yet are a team player, and can thrive in a fast pace environment.
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) an asset.
To apply: Please forward your cover letter, resume, and salary expectation, with job title in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered. While we thank all applicants for their interest in this position, we will only be contacting those selected for interviews. Rainbow Railroad USA is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of communities we serve. This includes diversity in languages spoken, culture, race, sexual orientation and gender identity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.