Chief Revenue Officer
4 days left
- Experience Level
You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
We are looking for a results-oriented, go-to-market chief revenue officer to join Arabella Advisors, a fast-growing, mission-oriented B-Corporation that helps donors achieve the greatest good with their resources. The chief revenue officer (CRO) is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of the organization’s revenue operations. This dedicated leader will work to ensure that their team is focused and aligned with the company’s growth targets. The CRO will be an experienced and efficient leader with excellent people skills, strong business acumen, and an exemplary work ethic.
Business Development/Marketing Implementation (~40%)
- Develops highest-return lead generation strategies
- Works with the business development team to ensure its targets are met, including focusing on best practices, lessons, and making strategy adjustments as needed
- Provides oversight and management for internal processes including pipeline development, road mapping, value management/reporting, revenue recognition, systems (including Salesforce), revenue apportionment, and budgeting
- Develops sales incentives programs
- Works with lines of business heads and the CEO to identify and pursue strategic partnerships with demonstrable revenue outcomes
- Works with internal teams to implement marketing strategies, strengthen marketing capacity, and produce the collateral and digital content necessary to support client and prospect development
- Develops strategic partnerships with key channels, lead generators and service providers
Business Development/Marketing Strategy & Approach (~30%)
- Develops annual business development strategies for the firm and manages the budget for internal and external spending
- Owns research to inform the business development strategy, including targeting analysis, relationship mapping, and market competitive analysis (in partnership with the strategy team.)
- Shapes the firm’s understanding of the evolving market landscape and important customer segments
- Maintains market position and sets annual and multi-year marketing and revenue goals.
- Fosters coordination and alignment between the business development team and the lines of business by helping ensure appropriate lead qualification
- Develops best‐in‐class pricing models to ensure value capture
- Partners with the client service and marketing teams to capture and analyze data related to business development and marketing (referral relationships, proposal types, etc.) and translates findings into actionable recommendations
- Manages monthly revenue-to-forecast, identifying course correction multiple client segments and multiple service offerings
Business Development/Marketing Leadership Development and Training (~30%)
- Manages regional managing directors and other staff engagement in business development activities as well as the Sales Enablement and Marketing functions
- Oversees talent cultivation and recruitment for sales team
- Identifies hiring and training needs for client development staff and its support team; contributes to curriculum development and implementation to bring interested staff members into the business development process
- Develops succession planning process for senior BD talent
- Coaches the business development team
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- At least 15 years of work experience with steadily increasing job responsibility, including extensive people management experience
- Graduate degree in relevant field (e.g., business administration, organizational development, or public administration) or equivalent experience
- Prior experience building and growing strong client relationships
- Managing a salesforce, with the know-how to specify, strategize, and define opportunities in the market.
- Experience in philanthropic or nonprofit sectors—leadership in nonprofit organizations or experience in social sector consulting are preferred
- Significant experience with client relationship management and business development
- Excellent communication skills, including writing skills, and demonstrated ability to structure large amounts of information into written documents that are clear and easy to understand
- Experience running a fast-growing organization
- Experience and comfort with ambiguity
- Extensive experience providing high-quality customer service in fast-paced sophisticated environments
- Ability to manage and lead a complex project, to oversee and delegate to others on the team, and to meet deadlines
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to set ambitious but achievable firm-wide strategy that increases organizational value
- The ability to manage accountability across the firm for achieving key performance indicators
- The ability to exhibit and model effective leadership behaviors that inspire staff to collectively pursue the firm’s vision
- The ability to make complex decisions that add value to the firm and help the firm achieve greater impact based on its position within the competitive landscape
- The ability to identify and drive forward sector, service, and business innovations that that have potential to add value to the firm and increase impact for the sector
- The ability to deliver high-level messages internally and externally in ways that are authentic, instill confidence in leadership, model transparency, and generate goodwill
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.