Silicon Valley Director of Development
4 days left
- Degree Level
The Commonwealth Club is the largest and oldest public forum in the United States. Founded in 1903, the Club is a membership organization that hosts daily lectures and panel discussions on issues of public concern. The Club publishes a magazine, hosts a weekly national radio broadcast, produces podcasts and online videos, and is the leader in its field nationally and internationally. The Club is a fast-paced, lively and stimulating environment with nearly 500 programs a year ranging from literature to the economy.
The Commonwealth Club seeks a highly skilled and polished development professional with a track record of fundraising success to lead the development work in Silicon Valley for The Commonwealth Club. This is a key development leadership position that initially reports to the interim director of development and will eventually report to the vice president of development.
Reports to: Interim director of development / Vice president of development
Job type: Full time
Essential Job Functions
• Work directly with the president & CEO and the Silicon Valley Advisory Council on key strategic fundraising initiatives for Silicon Valley, including a capital/endowment campaign
• Meet quarterly fundraising benchmarks related to:
- Board and Silicon Valley Advisory Council giving
- Corporate and foundation partnership portfolio
- Gala and special events
- Individual giving
- Capital/endowment campaign
• Expand development in Silicon Valley by building and maintaining local philanthropic relationships
• Establish development events specific to Silicon Valley
• Prepare appropriate development reports for Executive, Finance, Silicon Valley Advisory Council and Board of Governors committee meetings
• Work with development and accounting departments to ensure accurate gift entry for major gifts and regularly monitor development income/expenses
• Collaborate and coordinate inter-departmentally with peers
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
• A minimum of five years' fundraising experience in diverse capacities (major gifts, special events, corporate sponsorships, etc.)
• Experience working with high-level volunteer committees and C-Suite leaders
• Energy, integrity and confidence to pick up projects midway and/or to create new projects
• Ability to expand a prospect base in Silicon Valley
• Knowledge of Bay Area, specifically Silicon Valley, philanthropic landscape
• Proficiency with donor database software such as Raiser’s Edge is preferred
• Ability to quickly pick up new software and supportive technologies (Trello, Airtable, BBNC, Slack)
Sobrato Center for Nonprofits – Milpitas
578 Valley Way
Milpitas, CA 95035
The Commonwealth Club of California is a nonprofit organization; salary is competitive and based on experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter including salary expectations.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.