Mid-Level Giving & Volunteer Manager
5 days left
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Community Manager is a key member of the Human Rights Campaign’s industry renowned mid-level donor program. This position is part of an energized team who trains, coaches, and supports the volunteer leaders affiliated with the 32 Federal Clubs throughout the country to achieve fundraising goals as well as foster leadership development.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of local HRC Federal Clubs, leading volunteer teams in developing and executing donor-centered year-round cultivation and recruitment plans.
- Lead Federal Club stewardship and recruitment efforts around black-tie dinners and Federal Club events, including collaborating with staff and volunteers on identifying prospects, drafting scripts for fundraising pitches, coordinating speaker travel, and developing briefings for senior staff.
- Collaborate with the Major Gift Officers to identify major donor prospects and upgrades.
- Assist the Director and team members in special projects and ongoing initiatives to improve services to volunteers and donors.
- May take on special projects including but not limited to: special fundraising campaigns, stewardship efforts, inter- and intra-departmental initiatives, and benefit fulfillment.
- Work with Federal Club team to develop volunteer training modules throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) as well as two to four years of successful fundraising experience, preferably with mid-level donor programs.
- Deep commitment to and knowledge of the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement.
- Excellent leadership, conflict resolution, and exceptional interpersonal skills are required.
- Thoughtful, curious, collaborative, and creative problem-solver with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrated experience working with highly motivated and passionate volunteers and donors.
- Committed to high-level customer service and donor support and consistently demonstrates initiative, creativity, and diplomacy.
- Good public speaking skills required. Experience delivering training preferred.
- Solid understanding of fundraising principles required, and proficiency with donor databases strongly desired.
- Strong writing skills preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word & Excel), Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive) and the Web.
- Proven track record handling multiple projects, managing and meeting deadlines, and working gracefully under pressure.
- Flexibility with work schedule. Must be willing to travel extensively in the United States, as at least 25% of work time, sometimes in evenings and often on weekends.
- Candidates with more than four years of relevant work experience may be considered for hiring at the Senior Manager level.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.