3 days left
- Experience Level
The Arabia Mountain Heritage Area Alliance is seeking a highly qualified candidate to assume the role of Executive Director. The AMHAA protects and promotes the rich landscapes and engaging history of this National Heritage Area, designated by Congress in 2006 with oversight from the National Park Service.
Under the direction of the volunteer Board of Directors, the ED provides strategic leadership and overall supervision for all aspects of the AMHAA’s operation on a day-to-day and long-term basis including: staffing, resource development, fiscal management, program development & management, partner coordination, and public relations. The ED serves as the primary face for the organization, responsible for developing relationships among diverse constituencies including city, county, state, and federal legislators, and effectively communicating the message and vision of the AMHAA.
This full-time position is based at the historic Vaughters’ Farm in Stonecrest, GA.
The ideal candidate is a:
- Mission generalist who has a broad skill set that can be adapted to the changing needs of an evolving organization.
- Strategic, creative thinker who can express complex subjects clearly and imaginatively in writing, public speaking and media appearances.
- Dynamic personality & self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who can build and sustain relationships with a diverse constituency including the board, general public, partner organizations and volunteers.
- Detail-oriented, innovative collaborator who can juggle multiple projects and priorities.
- Flexible personality with both time and energy, understanding that as a public and community-orientated organization, many events and obligations may occur on evenings, weekends, or on holidays. Work days and hours may adjust accordingly.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, lead, manage, and evaluate the mission and the work of the AMHAA in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Develop and direct long range strategic plans and an annual workplan including budgeting and assessing the success of the organization’s programs. Prepare and manage budgets with multiple sources of revenue.
- Implement and manage the benchmarks and programs outlined in the 2010 National Park Service Management Plan. Maintain a professional relationship with the National Park Service and ensure all policies are followed regarding the agency’s financial support.
- Ensure annual request and reporting for National Park Service grant including ensure proper documentation for federal match obligation. Work with the board to gather sponsorships and other private or local government financial support for mission-specific program and projects.
- Cultivate, maintain, and develop relationships with constituencies and partners on local, state, and national levels to ensure effective program performance.
- Lead and manage the work of the board, staff, volunteers, vendors, and partners as outlined in the annual work plan. Ensure all policies set by the organization or by fiscal supporters are followed.
- Provides a positive work environment where all experience commitment, trust, collegiality, respect, and opportunity for professional development.
- Support the Board of Directors with regular reporting of programs and financial position. Provide administrative support to ensure efficient and effective meetings of the full board and/or committees.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Minimum of 10-15 years work experience in a related field (e.g. historic preservation, natural resource management, tourism marketing, outdoor recreation, community development) with at least 5 years’ executive experience and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or combined workplace equivalent.
- Past success working with a non-profit board of directors, either as staff, volunteer, or director.
- Proven success managing a high-performance team with a culture of innovation and empowerment.
- Thorough knowledge of metro-Atlanta regional issues and political landscape.
- Applicants may be subject to a background check.
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, Simple IRA match, generous paid time off, and fabulous work environment. Other benefits available as part of the entire compensation package.
Application process: Submit cover letter and resume in a single PDF file format to Ron Williams, Board Chair, at Arabia Mountain Heritage Area Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be handled confidentially. Applications will be reviewed and candidates considered on a rolling basis. Position remains open until filled.
About us: The Arabia Alliance is a non-profit 501(c)3 with a long history of community engagement. It works to preserve, protect and promote the historic, cultural and natural resources of the Congressionally- designated National Heritage Area and includes portions of DeKalb, Rockdale and Henry Counties. The National Heritage Area program is affiliated with the National Park Service.