Development Director, Heartland Chapter
1 day left
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Development Director is responsible for the implementation of the mission through fundraising events, corporate development, individual giving and volunteer development. The person in this role will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee a local Chapter Advisory Board
- Host a minimum of 4 meetings annually
- Follow the outlined Board Structure to ensure representation in each subcommittee
- Recruit new Board members
- Keep Board apprised of Foundation Strategic Initiatives
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual budget and strategy plan for the Heartland Chapter.
- Secure funding through local corporate sponsorships for Moving Day, Special Events and Education Programs; provide annual partnership offerings.
- Create and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals through the Moving Day walk program and other events as assigned.
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for special event participants and top Moving Day teams within the Heartland Chapter.
- Identify, cultivate and steward donors to secure individual gifts up to $10,000 and work with a Major Gifts Officer on gifts over $10,000.
- Work in conjunction with the Foundations Giving Director to identify and secure local Foundation gifts.
- Produce an annual special event including setting the budget, site selection, logistics, marketing materials and event promotions.
- Maintain accurate records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing Parkinson’s Foundation community partners and allied team professionals (corporate, medical, individual).
- Recruit and manage local volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising work plan.
- Oversee professional development and performance management of the Chapter’s Development Manager and Development Coordinator.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local community while advancing the mission, goals and values.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- BA/BS degree.
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development.
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office- Raiser’s Edge and Convio a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Candidate must have the ability to travel throughout the Heartland Chapter area which includes Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and Missouri other states as required. Out of state travel up to 10%.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Development Director, Heartland” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.