Senior Director of Finance
2 days left
- Experience Level
Hively is looking for a Senior Director of Finance with a blend of strategic and tactical capabilities. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this person will work closely with provider payments, program management and the Board of Directors, overseeing the development and implementation of ethical, sound and efficient financial systems and controls.
- Manage 6 direct reports in Accounting, Payroll and Provider Payments. Support IT requirements as necessary.
- Manage the accounting and financial operations of the agency, including accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, financial statements, payroll, vendor management, audit and tax preparation, banking, inventory, and cash flow forecasting
- Generate regular financial statements and analyses that will allow the CEO and Board to monitor program and organizational performance
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues, identify cost-saving opportunities, and provide advice
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met and are in alignment with and achievement of organizational strategies and priorities
- Develop the capability of program managers to take responsibility for the financial planning and oversight of their programs
- Supervise the annual audit process and all financial monitoring reviews by governmental agencies
- Ensure compliance with all applicable funding terms and conditions, state and federal laws and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Oversee facility management, equipment leases, major asset purchases, and technology systems
- Maintain accounting system and financial operations manual.
- Ensure all mandated financial and statistical reports are filed timely
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting or finance, preferably within a non-profit organization or government entity is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Director, Controller, or Senior Financial Management role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Master’s Degree is strongly desired.
- Highly ethical and Strategic. Strength in critical thinking and analytical skills, with high level of detail orientation is a must.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting standards and principles, especially those that are applicable to a nonprofit organization – GAAP/FASB requirements.
- Experience with the implementation of accounting codes, general ledger account management, account reconciliation, account analysis, and preparation of financial statements
- Ability to achieve results in a constantly evolving nonprofit environment, with demonstrated success building systems and tools to support changing funding and program goals
- Proven track record of maintaining effective internal controls and developing efficient financial policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and reporting requirements relating to fiscal management in nonprofit organizations
- Professional verbal and written communication style with the ability to interact within all levels of the organization and supporting vendors and government entities.
- Advanced abilities with Excel spreadsheet and PC-based fund accounting (MIP or other underwriting software experience is preferred)
Child Care Links and Family Service Counseling and Community Resource Center came together to form a new organization, Hively. Child Care Links was formed in 1976 to support families in finding and paying for child care, and to help child care providers better serve children and their families. Over the last 43 years, Child Care Links has expanded beyond child care services to continue to meet the needs of the families and communities it serves. Now families can gain access to other critical social services, can get resources they need and find a community of support and care to help them thrive. Family Service Counseling and Community Resource Center dates its origins back to 1888. It has provided critical mental health services for children, adults, and families through individual, group and family therapy. Together as Hively, we will be better equipped to provide children and families throughout Alameda County access to the broad array of high-quality social services they need.
The Hively team believes that every child deserves a great start in life. We believe that every child is entitled to a safe and nurturing family. We believe that adults benefit from systems of support that help them grow toward their full potential. We know that families are better off when they have the support and resources they need to raise happy, healthy kids.
We are a committed team of professionals including family navigators, educators, child care professionals, mental health clinicians, and business specialists all dedicated to making sure that people of all ages in Alameda County have the opportunities, resources and support they need to live happy, healthy and productive lives.
Hively is a place where you will find a sense of belonging, where everyone feels cared for and supported, where you and your family will find the resources you need to thrive.