3 days left
- Experience Level
Title: Director of Programs
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports To: President/CEO
Classification: Full-time; Exempt
Start Date: November – December 2019
Vision: To be the leader of our tomorrow by empowering women businesses today.
Mission: Our purpose is to advance, promote and advocate for women business owners through education, mentoring, certification and corporate partnering.
The Greater Women’s Business Council (GWBC), a nonprofit Women’s Business Organization is about empowering women businesses. Our region is inclusive of Georgia and the Carolinas, the top states of the fastest growing number of women businesses in the country!
Our roster of Corporate Member-Partners includes the nation’s most notable corporate brands. A regional partner organization of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), we provide the premiere and most recognized certification for women businesses in the nation.
We are a proven leader and a credible resource dedicated to Inspiring, Engaging and Empowering women businesses, and serving the corporations and government sectors that support them.
At the Greater Women’s Business Council, we strongly believe that the spirit and passion in which we do our work is as important as the work itself. We pride ourselves on making a measurable difference by promoting diversity, innovation and delivering excellence. The successful candidate for this position will also hold these values.
Summary of Key Functions:
The director of programs is responsible for the development, oversight and execution of all Greater Women’s Business Council (GWBC) programs and events throughout a three-state region. The Director ensures that GWBC provides continuous value to all members, both Women Business Enterprise and Sustaining (Corporate) Members, regarding relevant educational, networking and procurement opportunities based on varying needs. The Director supports the education, major events and industry-focused GWBC committees, and supervises the certification managers, programs and events coordinators, as well as the contracted event management company responsible for executing the major signature events.
- Serve as a member of the senior management team providing leadership input regarding the three major areas of GWBC business: marketing, educational programs/events and certification.
- Develop annual budgets and goals for all events and programs under the president’s supervision.
- Direct involvement in supporting the education, major events and industry-focused GWBC member committees; ensure that content and format are responsive to member needs and the Council’s mission.
- Create a balanced score card and programs dashboard; establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability for all GWBC programs and events. Assesses needs and ensures that program objectives are met.
- Coordinates activities of program committees and/or other groups to plan procedures.
- Provide direct supervision to the certification managers, programs and events coordinators, as well as the event management company; define and evaluate achievement of goals and performance.
Team Management and Development:
- Develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience and professional development needs of reported staff. Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation, and goal setting for all employees.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards.Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of all staff members.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of GWBC programs.
- Create new GWBC programming as needed.
- Research and utilize relevant educational content, offerings and technology solutions to reach a growing number of members and certified women businesses through various avenues of delivery.
- Provide input and support for new certified WBE and corporate member orientation activities; plan quarterly corporate member receptions.
- Plan and implement various educational program events, such as monthly luncheons, industry-focused events and other educational forums.
- Identify presenters and handle all logistics of the meetings.
- Develop programming for regional events in the states of Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Assist with the development of GWBC sponsorship packages and assist with soliciting sponsors from corporate members and certified women businesses.
- Identify synergies with the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and its Regional Partner Organizations (RPO) in the delivery of content.
- Represent GWBC at trade fairs, conferences, workshops and community networking groups as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Background Experience:
Minimum bachelor’s degree
Transferable experience includes:
- Five years of relevant (programs development & events) experience with at least three years in a supervisory/leadership position
- Demonstrated strategic planning experience
- Expertise in education and training
- Excellent people and networking skills
- Business acumen, political tact, consensus-building skills and flexibility
- Computer proficiency in a variety of standard office programs
- Supportable organizational, time management, customer service and interpersonal skills
Preferred Education and Background Experience:
Master’s degree in business, education or related field
Seven to ten years’ in a program delivery leadership position
Experience working in non-profit organizations and in volunteer-supported membership organizations
Equipment and Systems / Programs Utilized:
- PC with Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, FileMaker Pro, Adobe Acrobat, internet access programs, web-based systems such as constant contact, printers, copiers and other similar equipment and programs.
- May work in an environment where multiple projects are being executed simultaneously.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions align with organizational objectives.
Language / Computer Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, HR or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write business reports, stakeholder correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and communicate with a positive presentation and an excellent telephone presence.
- MS Office proficiency required.
- Required to have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
•Successful background in managing staff who are working remote in other states and staff who may work in telecommute environment.
May be required to work outside of normal business hours.
Required travel throughout North Carolina and South Carolina. Additional travel will include national and regional conferences, activities and events. Overnight may equal 30%-40%
Physical Requirements of Position:
Sitting and operating a personal computer and telephone for extended periods of time; occasionally standing and walking throughout day to operate other office equipment and for other activities; occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds in transporting materials to events, and trade fair setups; ability to travel to offsite meetings and events.
Medical Dental Insurance (Employer/Employee contributions)
Personal Time Off Days (PTO)
Performance Bonus Opportunity
More searches like this
- Education / Teaching Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Executive / Senior Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Research Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta