Human Resources Generalist
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
Why work for Brilliant Corners?
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to those transitioning from or at risk of homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own, and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes. Additionally, we implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veteran services, and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices statewide with a staff of passionate people. While we are growing rapidly, we are also selective: We’re seeking inspired, talented people who want to be effecting profound change and who have fun doing it.
Brilliant Corners’ Human Resources Department provides our organization structure and the ability to meet its business needs through managing the company’s most valuable resources- its employees. Human Resources key functions include talent acquisition; employee relations; payroll and benefits; people management; compliance; and training and development.
Your role as an HR Generalist for our San Francisco office will be far from one-dimensional. The HR Generalist will be responsible for assisting in a number of functions pertaining to our employees’ development; managing the administrative functions for our department and contributing to the advancement of employee engagement. These efforts will help continually improve our key departmental functions. Some key functions for this position include: benefits administration, employee relations, employee training and development, performance management, onboarding, policy implementing, organizational effectiveness. And you’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics.
- Coordinate the employee’s onboarding process with hiring managers, Office Management and HR.
- Conduct new hire orientations, review forms, policies, and handbooks, ensure accurate completion of forms, coordinate new hire basics training- Brilliant Corners’ overview, HRIS training, box, benefits.
- Conduct terminating employees offboarding and exit interviews, coordinating efforts with direct supervisor, finance and HR.
- Ensure all personnel files are complete and prepared for the organization’s annual and programmatic audits. Facilitate in-house audits and coordinate efforts to distribute and collect required documentation.
- Facilitate distribution of benefit related correspondence to all existing and as required previous staff members.
- Be a brand ambassador promoting Brilliant Corners brand, values and personality whenever possible.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves of absence, compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Organize quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Utilize Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential.
- Participate on cross-functional initiatives, special projects and process improvement initiatives.
- You’re obsessed with organization. You’re known as someone who gets things done quickly and calmly. You can handle many responsibilities at once and you instinctively discern between what’s important and what’s urgent. Things don’t fall through the cracks.
- You’re a hungry learner. You enjoy constantly taking in new information and solving problems. You are committed to continuous learning about the world and the workaround you.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization. You enjoy working collaboratively but are also able to get things done on our own.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience as an HR Coordinator or Generalist (essential).
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software (Paycom Preferred).
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Knowledge of staffing policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Fluency with standard technology and software, including databases, and the capacity to quickly master new technology, as needed.
- Effective communication both written and verbal with colleagues in a diverse, human-centered work environment.
- Ability to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Excellent customer service, sales, and relationship-building skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- A strong work ethic motivated by results.
- Reliable with respect to confidentiality.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits: Health, dental, vision, retirement match, long-term disability, life insurance, flex spending, commuter plan, sick leave, and vacation pay
Reports to: Human Resources Business Partner
Travel required: Occasional travel to job fairs, or to other Brilliant Corners Office may be requested.
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Brilliant Corners is committed to fair hiring practices and does not ask applicants to disclose conviction history before extending a conditional job offer.
Disclaimer: Brilliant Corners does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Brilliant Corners about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at Brilliant Corners via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Brilliant Corners; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Brilliant Corners as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.