Fund Development and Operations Management
- Experience Level
Philos Health is a San Francisco based International NGO working to improve health care in the central region of the Philippines. We are a group of medical volunteers, who over the past 15 years has sought to improve health care by working with local partners in the Philippines to supplement local care with American medical volunteers who visit three times each year to provide primary care and surgery. In addition we manage local health programs with our partners including nutrition services, children’s dental clinics, a free pharmacy, a community radio station and a nurse managed chronic disease management program. We are seeking an accomplished fundraiser to fill the role of Manager of Fund Development. You will engage donors through direct mail, in-person solicitation, and digital strategies. You will seek funding through grants, corporations and government bodies.
POSITION PURPOSE & OBJECTIVES:
To develop, strengthen, and maintain Philos Health’s capacity for fundraising and to serve as the strategic and operational fundraising expert. The Manager also works closely with the Board of Directors and the Philos Health Director to foster a culture of philanthropy across the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to develop a strategic approach to fund development Cultivate and solicit individual and corporate donors
- Develop and maintain an active prospect pipeline
- Maintain an active schedule of solicitations, cultivation visits/events, and stewardship activities
- Ensure accurate, up-to-date donor records are maintained in the database.
- The success of the Manger will ensure the viability of the organization in the future.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Energetic and innovative
- Strategic thinker with experience implementing new approaches
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with standard office computer programs and donor databases
- Deep understanding of and ability to communicate Philos Health’s mission and values
- Well-organized, able to prioritize deadlines, attend to details, and evaluate results
- Provide thorough analysis and appropriate recommendations
- Able to produce clear, positive internal and external communication materials
- At least 4 years of fundraising and direct solicitation experience in a nonprofit environment.
- Flexible scheduling and telecommuting are possible.