- Position Type
- Full Time
We’re looking for a Contracts Manager to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business in our Shared Services Area.
When you come work with us, here’s what you’ll find:
- Work that is awesome. We only work with clients who are changing the world. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
- Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who bring the smarts, get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
So that’s us. Now about the work:
- The Contracts Manager is part of our Shared Services Area - composed of finance, operations, people, information technology, and facilities. We make sure M+R is set up to deliver outstanding services to clients such as Planned Parenthood, NRDC, Girls Inc, National Geographic, and many more.
- Day-to-day, we focus on legal and regulatory compliance and risk management, benefits administration, human resources and operational policies and procedures, contract processing, and IT tools and security.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Manage contracting process, including:
- Track contract and subcontract status, ensuring internal client teams understand and meet contracting process deadlines.
- Liaise between internal client teams and finance team on contract invoicing questions and requirements.
- Assist in drafting contracts, subcontracts, addendums, and extensions.
- Review subcontracts and contracts, and shepherd through any additional approvals.
- Maintain contract and subcontract templates.
- Process fundraising registrations with state charity bureaus, serving as primary contact with outside registration consultant.
- Manage non-disclosure agreements, forms for RFPs, and other submissions required by clients or prospects.
- Manage project set-up in timekeeping (Unanet) and reporting systems (Adaptive Insights).
- Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
Skills and experiences you should have:
- 5+ years experience in operations, including at least 2 in contract management and/or procurement.
- Acute attention to detail - you don’t drop the ball.
- Ability to prioritize your time across projects that have varying complexity and competing deadlines.
- Capability to tackle big projects by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Experience working with others to implement processes, systems, and tools that increase accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and logically. You can proofread with an eye toward grammar, word usage, and legal implications.
- Deep understanding of the nuances of legal language in contracts.
- Proven track record to successfully pick up new skills on the job.
- Able to manage up and across to secure what you need to get the job done.
- Comfortable working with Excel and Google Suite (Gmail, GDocs, etc.).
- Thoughtfulness, empathy, and self-awareness. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues.
- Passion for the role that operations plays in creating change at M+R. You are excited by the idea of working across many issues.
- Ability to set goals and drive toward them - never missing deadlines, never dropping balls, and always producing high-quality work.
- Recognition that feedback is a part of learning and growth and are committed to both seeking and receiving feedback.
- Preference to work in a team. You are able to do the hard work of seeing things from others’ perspectives.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution. You don’t wait for others to notice issues or assume someone else will fix it.
- You bring a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Experience using Unanet, Adaptive Insights, and/or, Asana.
- Experience working in a consulting firm.
Salary, benefits, and some perks:
This is an exempt position. The salary for this position starts at $72,000, plus bonus eligibility. Exact salary is dependent on experience and new staff rarely start above this salary. We also offer a generous benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three week’s vacation as well as paid sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with quarterly employer contributions and an employer match;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Free lunch once a week!
- Weekly brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap.
The fine print:
The position is located at 1101 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC.
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please. M+R will only contact candidates to schedule an interview.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
M+R is 140 smart people who help nonprofits achieve real, lasting change. We mobilize supporters, raise money, and move the media, the public, and decision-makers. We only work with clients we believe in. We take risks. We work hard. We’re leaders, we’re organizers, and we don’t stop until we win.