Sr. Contracts and Grants Specialist
- Experience Level
This role will handle all aspects related to budget and cost compliance for their assigned portfolio using their knowledge of grant and contract management rules and regulation, in relation to the governing OMB circulars and institutional policy. The incumbent is expected to be qualified to assist the Manager with the overall management of the Contracts and Grants Department as assigned by department Manager.
- Manage a portfolio which is made up of complex awards which require high level expertise
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Contracts and Grants Department through knowledge and experience
- Review proposals to extramural sponsors to ensure compliance with NCIRE and sponsor agency regulations
- Provide fiscal management for all contracts and grants, pre-award compliance to post-award administration
- Develop and negotiate contract agreements with private sector sponsors
- Develop and negotiate agreements with subcontractors
- Maintain working knowledge of financial systems and e-submission systems
- Responsible for grant and contract appropriation information entry into Solomon system
- Responsible for set up and project number assignation to all new awards
- Responsible for appropriation adjustments.
- Provide Accounting department with new project information (F&A rate, name of grantor, instructions regarding funding receipts, etc.)
- Provide Accounting Manager with new project information to set up appropriate allocation method in Solomon.
- Provide Purchasing Manager with appropriate new project information to set up appropriate Reqlogic access
- Provide budget projections for Principal Investigators
- Prepare correspondence and reports relating to Contracts and Grants programs and functions
- Responsible for managing various awards pertaining to Principal Investigators
- Responsible for award close-out in Solomon system and confirm all reports have been submitted to sponsor agency
- Provide guidance to and work closely with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Information Technology Services and Human Resources departments.
- Liaison for Principal Investigators and fund agencies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Possession of a BA or BS degree from an accredited college or related equivalent years of experience and expertise.
- Six years of experience in administrative analysis or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a field relevant to the assignment.
- Experience in pre/post award administration developing research budgets and negotiation.
- Demonstrated financial management skills with strong knowledge of research administration.
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars, Federal Agency policies including NIH, DOE, DOD, NASA and NSF is high desirable.
- Knowledge of pertinent rules/regulations and policies and procedures for all federal or non-federal awards.
- Knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills
- Ability to assess and respond to audit risk
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and resourcefulness in making decisions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Ability to operate assigned equipment
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
For more information about NCIRE -- The Veterans Health Research Institute or to apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit us at www.ncire.org and select job #19-0054 or you may apply directly, by cutting and pasting the below link into your browser:
NCIRE --The Veterans Health Research Institute is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, NCIRE - The Veterans Health Research Institute will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Medical Research $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Administrative / Clerical Medical Research $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Medical Research $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Public Policy / Administration Medical Research $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Research Medical Research $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco