2 days left
- Degree Level
- Some college
Administrative Assistant is responsible for administrative tasks that support the Executive Director as well as other Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize frequent and ongoing communication for program staff to ensure proper compliance as requested
- Screen potential hires and review the appropriate employment paperwork in adherence with local, state and federal labor laws
- Responsible for administrative support for program directors including visiting program locations
- Support development, implementation and recruitment strategies to expand the number of volunteers to support the programs
- Support volunteerism where needed
- Promote LaAmistad, its programs and goals, to community groups and organizations
- Represent the programs and point of view of LaAmistad to agencies, organizations and the general public
- Support all aspects of communications, from web presence to external relations, with the goal of creating a strong brand
- Bachelor’s degree or current college student
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Experience working with volunteers, non-profits, and community-based organizations
- Strong ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with regard to management tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use computers, including proficiency working with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple demands
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds, including children, and people of diverse cultures
- Familiarity with the metro Atlanta philanthropic community and local funders desired
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Access to a vehicle
What you will gain:
- Satisfaction of helping someone else succeed.
- A chance to contribute to your community.
- Achieving a broader cultural understanding and exchange.
- Meeting new people who bring differences in culture, ability, skill.
- Participation in a successful program with other active, interesting volunteers.
- Encouragement and recognition for your efforts.
- Invitations to LaAmistad benefit events and socials.
- Be a part of a team committed to LaAmistad’s success and growth!
Please follow this link to apply