- Experience Level
Welcoming America is seeking candidates for the position of Operations Manager, a full-time position based in our headquarters office in Decatur, GA. The Operations Manager will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining day to day operations for a 16-person non-profit organization with a growing national and global footprint, and a mission to create more inclusive communities.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the potential of helping the organization deliver on its mission through strong operations and administration, and will exhibit ownership and creativity with the tasks at hand. They will enjoy developing solutions that help colleagues work more effectively and building organizational infrastructure, and will possess a strong orientation to detail-oriented project management.
- Create a safe and welcoming environment at the headquarter office and virtually, including overseeing the physical space, day to day administrative functions and office policies.
- Ensure technology supports strong connectivity between employees (remote and headquarters-based) and with external members, partners and stakeholders.
- Play a lead role in maintaining and populating key programmatic information systems, primarily through Salesforce. This includes project managing the continued development of the system and record development for new members, as well as supporting the membership onboarding process.
- Assess team needs, and design and implement new systems and tools to support productivity. Participate in program and strategy discussions to help identify operational needs and next steps.
- Ensure staff have the equipment and supplies to work effectively and efficiently.
- Manage the organization’s front and back office to ensure a positive experience for visitors, partners and team members alike.
- Oversee vendors, contracts, and partnership agreements to ensure the smooth delivery of critical services
- Provide hands on support for Welcoming America’s annual conference, the Welcoming Interactive, Welcoming Week, and other events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Creative and entrepreneurial
- Strong project management
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and accountable
- Professional demeanor and personable; ability to work alone and in teams
- Familiarity and troubleshooting experience with computers, software, and networks
- Commitment to building welcoming and inclusive environments
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working with network members, volunteers, and nonprofits is a plus
- Data analytics or project management training is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce, Form Assembly, Survey Monkey, and/or Higher Logic a plus
Five years in an administrative or operations position.
Prior work in a mission driven organization is highly valued.
Welcoming America is an equal opportunity employer. Immigrants and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please include a cover letter with your qualifications and explaining your desire to make an immigrant inclusion organization run smoothly.
Position is open until filled, but applications are requested to be submitted by November 15, 2019.
No phone calls, faxes or drop offs please.