- Position Type
- Full Time
Provide finance department support through a variety of accounting activities in a nonprofit organization including financial management, grant management and financial reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with recording of cash receipts and noncash items
- Preparation and processing of donor acknowledgement letters
- Assist with preparation and recording of accounts payable
- Assist with recording of pledges receivable, invoicing and statements
- Assist with accounting for special events including registration/cash receipts at events
- Assist in writing grants that provide support to further the mission of the organization
- Assist with grant reporting as required in compliance with grantor established policies and procedures
- Assist with the annual audit (performed by independent CPA)
- All other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer or Chief Executive Officer
The Finance Associate is under the direct supervision of the Chief Financial Officer. All positions are under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Accounting degree or equivalent. Experience with or knowledge of nonprofit accounting preferred. Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel and possess excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines. Confidentiality is required. Experience with QuickBooks and DonorPerfect a plus.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who do not meet the requirements will not be considered. No phone calls, please.