Client Services Counselor
- Experience Level
We are looking for an energetic and reliable individual to join our Client Service Counselor department. Working with the BANANAS team, the Client Services Counselor handles a caseload within the Alternative Payment department and fulfills all required duties in compliance with state regulations and BANANAS’ policies. This job includes working closely with clients, data entry and performing detailed clerical tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented office environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Client Services Counselor is responsible for a caseload of 80-100 clients within the subsidies department and fulfills all required duties in compliance with State regulations and BANANAS’ policies.
- Meet with parents/guardians and verify eligibility, need and enter required family and child care provider information into subsidy database
- Conduct all exempt child care provider intakes and enter information into subsidy database
- Update any changes to family files and subsidy database to reflect current needs and eligibility
- Re-certify families and update information in family files and subsidy database
- Enter reminders for upcoming documentation requests and changes into subsidy database
- Review program policy and procedures with parent/ providers to clarify understanding of requirements
- Accountable for staying current all guidelines, regulations, policies and procedures
- Send Notice of Actions (NOA) and a notice of action Amendments to childcare agreements to parents and child care providers as required
- Work with child care providers to collect the required documentation
- Assist with client calls, walk-ins and issues with client cases in the absence of co-workers and document work in files and subsidy database as required.
- Provide bi-lingual support for the work of the agency
- Understanding of Resource & Referral process
- All other duties as assigned
- Client service experience
- Experience using databases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Computer experience: Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of State regulations
- Valid driver’s license & insurance
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand, and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required.
BANANAS is committed to maintaining a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other personnel action on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, economic status, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, medical condition and/or mental or physical disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by local, state and federal laws.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vacation, holidays and 403b retirement plan
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $21.77 to $23.95