Lead Intake Coordinator
- Degree Level
Action MinistrPOSITION DESCRIPTION
Action Ministries, Inc.
Position Title: Lead Intake Coordinator Salary $35,000
Program Locations Defined: Metro Atlanta and surrounding counties
Reports to: VP of Programs
Position Mission: The Intake Coordinator ensures that program applicants are screened for program eligibility, to include the completion of the VI-SPDAT, manage various CE systems, ensure compliance , and quality service for Intake department.
Evaluator: VP of Programs
Action Ministries Mission: Action Ministries mobilizes communities to address the challenges of poverty by focusing on hunger relief, housing and education.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Schedule and conduct intake and follow-up appointments with program applicants, including screenings via telephone, in person, in homeless shelters and other outreach/recruitment sites.
- Understand and communicate the program’s eligibility and admission criteria to potential enrollees.
- Assess households’ immediate service needs, providing referrals when necessary for immediate services.
- Document intake screenings and maintain records for each applicant and enrolled participant.
- Provide accurate and immediate referrals to community partners
- Oversee data entry and accuracy for CE project in HMIS.
- Facilitate/attend case conferencing with community partners
- Collect required documentation for program enrollment and scan documents for digital archiving.
- Assemble intake reports including spreadsheets to summarize data, responsible for the accuracy of these reports.
- Responsible for the tracking of agency referrals
- Weekly Outreach required- Overseeing and updating of the Status and Outreach Logs
- Participate in coordinated entry meetings and homeless coalition meetings.
- Participate in ongoing training and coordinated entry system updates.
- Completion of other tasks as assigned by Vice President of Programs.
- Prepare formal letters and enclosures for distribution to applicants and referral sources.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Attributes, & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field required.
- Experience in housing intake, case management, and/or community outreach strongly preferred.
- Strong ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid organizational skills/strong communication and writing skills required.
- Willingness to attend occasional events outside of normal business hours.
- High energy level to complete assigned work and meet deadlines.
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, and ability to drive within a multi-county service area
- Ability to use holistic, client-centered approach.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict and cope with crisis situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc).
- Proficiency using HMIS systems (i.e. ClientTrack, Easy Trak, Care Notes, etc.)
Action Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.