- Position Type
- Full Time
Cal Performances of University of California, Berkeley is recruiting a Finance Specialist.
Cal Performances presents and produces outstanding artists from the Bay Area, the United States, and around the world in performances and community programs which promote excellence, innovation, diversity, education, and community involvement, with the fundamental belief that the arts are vital to our society locally, nationally, and internationally. In support of these goals, Cal Performances is committed to maintaining top-quality programs and facilities for our artists, audiences, the University and community. For more information about Cal Performances, please visit: https://calperformances.org/.
Student Musical Activities (SMA) has been an integral part of Cal Performances since 1987. For over one hundred years, the various units that comprise SMA (The Cal Marching Band, The UC Jazz Ensembles, and the UC Choral Ensembles) have served the University through the many contributions of its student members. This organization offers its students many extra-curricular opportunities ranging from performance to musical instruction and training, as well as experience in student leadership and arts administration.
The Finance Department of Cal Performances and Student Musical Activities is responsible for fiscal management and budgetary oversight for these two organizations, representing a combined annual operating budget of over $19 million. Funds are derived from a variety of sources, including earned income, individual and corporate gifts and grants, federal, state and local grants, endowment income and a variety of university-based funding sources. The finance department provides key financial and analytical support for Cal Performances departments, including artistic programming, education and community programs, development, marketing, and communications, box office, operations, facilities, information systems, human resources and administration.
This position is a key member of the Finance Department for Cal Performances and Student Musical Activities and is responsible for several highly visible financial functions for these departments. Specifically, incumbent:
- Acts in the capacity of department cashier, ensuring timely and accurate processing of all earned and contributed income for these organizations, including ticket sales, on-line credits, gift certificates, donations, merchandise and concession sales, and refunds. Total dollars processed exceeds $15 million annually;
- Reviews performance agreements and ensures that artist payments are timely and accurate. This is a mission critical function for Cal Performances; total expenditures in this area exceed $5 million annually;
- In conjunction with the Operations Department, prepares all split-deal event settlement, campus event and 3rd party event billings;
- Supports financial and analytical needs of Cal Performances and Student Musical Activities department managers in the areas of purchasing, payment processing, and reporting and analysis as required. Develops deep working relationships with department managers, external vendors, and central campus support units in order execute position responsibilities. In this capacity, incumbent acts as a first line resource for department managers regarding university policy and procedures;
- Independently conducts cash audits for both the Cal Performances and Student Musical Activity box offices; and
- Provides assistance and support as required to the Chief Financial Officer on special projects.
Please visit https://jobs.berkeley.edu/ (search by the Job ID #2023) for a complete job description and to apply, or use the following DIRECTIONS:
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.