Director of Development
- Degree Level
Director of Development, Part-time/Exempt; San Mateo, CA
Sonrisas Dental Health, Inc. (SDH) is a non-profit dental center dedicated to providing access to quality dental care and oral health education to our community. We provide these services with dignity, respect and compassion. SDH improves the health of our community members through culturally sensitive, integrated care,with a focus on disease prevention. SDH is a dental home for our patients,providing preventative dental care, mobile dental, general dentistry, geriatric dentistry, pediatric dentistry, sedation dentistry and accommodations for patients with special needs and disabilities. Seventy percent of SDH’s patients are low-income.
Position Summary: The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Sonrisas Dental Health (SDH)’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving,special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with CEOand the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- In collaboration with the CEO, Board and Management Team, develop and execute the SDH’s fundraising plan.
- In conjunction with CEO and CFO, create fundraising goals to meet SDH’s budgeted needs and solicit funds to meet these goals.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with major donors. Create and track stewardship activities, keeping CEO and key board members updated on progress/activities.
- Responsible for marketing and social media activities to promote community knowledge of SDH and to support development goals.
- Work with SDH team to create effective and trackable processes for grants and major gift solicitation.
- Plan and execute annual giving program that has strategies to attract and retain individual donors.
- Cultivate and sustain relationships in the community to promote the organization and create an environment which promotes financial support.
- Manage the implementation of fundraising software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Responsible for SDH’s special events related to donors and fundraising.
- Prepare regular reports for management and the Board regarding development activities and progress towards goals.
- Participate as a member of SDH’s leadership team in achieving organizational goals.
- Be passionate about and embrace SDH’s mission.
- BA or equivalent required; Masters in nonprofit or business area preferred.
- 3-5 Years' experience in development, fundraising, or related field desired.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial,interpersonal and communication skills. This includes effective written and public speaking ability.
- Be a self-starter and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Knowledge of and experience with fund raising and marketing software.
- Ability to work well with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of San Mateo County dental provider and philanthropy communities a plus.
- Office skills such as computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Adobe, and WordPress. Experience with fundraising software, such as Keela or other fundraising CRM.
Sonrisas Dental Health, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,military status, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or age. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule