West Coast Operations Coordinator
- Experience Level
Picture a child’s time as an orange. Their classroom experience is a wedge from which the education field is fixated on squeezing more juice. Springboard helps schools juice the rest of the orange, dramatically improving outcomes by harnessing the untapped potential in family engagement.
Low-income parents—often perceived as liabilities rather than as assets—have been left out of the teaching process. With limited access to learning time, their children make slow academic progress during the school year, and they experience chronic regressions over the summer.
Springboard Collaborative closes the literacy gap by closing the gap between home and school. We coach teachers and family members to help children cultivate reading habits through in-person programs and technology. Springboard envisions a world in which all children have the literacy skills to access life opportunities.
Since launching 6 years ago, Springboard has grown its reach from 40 to nearly 10,000 families across 10 cities. Our summer and afterschool programs consistently deliver best-in-class results, showcased in these interactive infographics. Weekly parent training workshops average 90%+ attendance and were featured in the New York Times, PBS, and Forbes. We are out ahead of the field proving a simple but powerful truth: parents’ love for their children is the single greatest and most underutilized natural resource in education.
About the opportunity
Springboard invites talented and passionate candidates to apply for the position of Operations Coordinator. The Operations Coordinator reports directly to a Program Director and works with the Operations Team. The Operations Coordinator will support program operations through a diverse range of responsibilities that include inventory management and distribution, national and regional coordination, and administrative tasks that support programs, partnerships, and fundraising.
Who we’re looking for:
- An execution-oriented strategic planner with acute attention to small detail.
- An individual who is comfortable embracing work responsibilities that cut across a wide range of activities.
- A go-getter with superior initiative, integrity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and “can-do” attitude.
- An excellent relationship builder with an ability to collaborate with a variety of diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- A believer in our collective opportunity to close the literacy achievement gap through hard work and meaningful collaboration with parents and families.
Oversee regional program supply chain operations:
- Lead print production for all training, curricular, enrollment, and other programming materials.
- Ensure timely distribution of program materials by collaborating closely and frequently with Director of Operations.
- Manage inventory in several locations, keeping city warehouses’ inventory current so that procurement reflects regional needs.
- Adhere to inventory management system, maintaining records, following warehouse/materials procedures and protocol.
- Maintain accurate records in Salesforce to facilitate materials procurement, expedite materials distribution, and minimize waste.
- Responsible for program material receiving, distribution, and collection to/from sites and city/regional warehouses before, during, and after programming. This includes packing and shipping of materials to all regional sites and ensuring that offsite, Springboard-owned materials are packed and shipped back to the Operations Hub.
Provide data systems support for programs:
- Use systems to verify products and requisitions associated with sessions.
- Set up Slinky & Asana for programs (session set-up, PD Event creation, workshop record creation, user set-up, etc.).
- Provide rapid Slinky support for all regional staff in your sessions.
- Mass upload data and data clean for all sessions you own.
- Ensure accurate and complete data entry for sessions you own (creation of sessions, users, impact reports, working with RSC in terms of material/program needs being accurately input in SF).
Support seasonal staff:
- Post relevant seasonal job descriptions on local job boards.
- Train all enrollment coordinators; monitor enrollment progress; send weekly updates to ECs and site leaders.
- Hire Operations Leads ”OL” for seasonal programs; support hiring for other roles.
- Support all Ops training during the seasonal programs.
- Hire, train, and support Enrollment Coordinators.
Plan for program bookends (pre-programming and wrap-up):
- Personalize all relevant program documents (e.g., program and family calendars, family letters, etc.).
- Generate impact reports for each program session.
- Act as Operations Manager “OM” for any program trainings prior to hiring of OM (securing space, ordering food & materials).
- Participate in site planning meetings & site debriefs.
Manage facility needs at respective site:
- Audit inventory and maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Maintain facilities & coordinate needs.
- Identify location(s) for temporary storage of program materials, when applicable.
- Must own a car and possess valid state driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Must have strong technical proficiency (Microsoft Office); Salesforce/Asana experience a nice plus.
- Bilingual Spanish speakers/written communicators desired, but not mandatory.
The Operations Coordinator position is based in Hayward, CA. During programming, the candidate must be willing to travel to various Bay Area cities, such as Fresno, Oakland, San Francisco., San Jose, and Stockton, when needed.
This is a full-time position. Springboard Collaborative offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter describing your interest to email@example.com.