Volunteer/Client Intake Coordinator
- Experience Level
This position is responsible for recruiting, training, placing, and retaining volunteers for specific jobs at the client services location and directs the process of interviewing clients to assess their needs and eligibility for services at their respective Client Services Center, while maintaining detailed client data.
This position is 30 hours per week, M-F
- Recruit, interview, screen, and place volunteers in specific jobs at the Client Services Center.
- Develop and implement effective strategies to recruit and place the right volunteers with the right skills in the right volunteer positions.
- Conduct and arrange volunteer orientations, tours, and training.
- Manage daily volunteer schedules and update the volunteer database.
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events.
- Maintain ongoing communications with volunteers through direct communication, newsletters, email and other formats; honoring important events in their lives; and ensuring volunteers know the direct impact their service is making in the lives of those MUST serves.
- Cultivate long-term relationships with businesses, churches and other organizations regarding ongoing volunteer opportunities.
- Prepare, analyze, and report monthly volunteer statistics Conduct initial client interviews to assess needs and eligibility; provide oversight and guidance to volunteers completing the client intake process.
- Track, maintain, and report on client program eligibility and services received.
- Responsible for monitoring all data entry; reviewing for data completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in providing orientation and training for new volunteers to effectively serve clients.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Maintain safe working environment for volunteers.
- Represent MUST Ministries in the most positive manner with clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and clients of our service, learns and uses operating practices of MUST Ministries.
- Uphold the Mission Statement: Serving our neighbors in need … transforming lives and communities in response to Christ's call.
- Handle all information with tact and discretion and recognize the confidential nature of MUST Ministries.
- 3-5 years equivalent experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience working with diverse population.
- English/Spanish bilingual ability preferred. Computer familiarity (Salesforce, MS Word, Power Point, Excel)
Physical and Work Requirements:
- Requires standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
- Work is performed in a day service environment as well as other events.
- May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Requirements listed indicate the minimum levels of skills, knowledge and abilities for the job, with preferred levels indicated. Job requirements may be subject to modification in order to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requests for accommodations must be discussed with Human Resources.
Must Ministries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, qualified handicap or status as disabled or Vietnam era veteran or Iraq veteran or Afghanistan veteran. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.