- Experience Level
The Grants Manager is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources. They will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
This position is 20 hours per week, M-F.
- Represent MUST Ministries in the most positive manner with clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and clients of our service, learns and uses operating practices of MUST Ministries Uphold the Mission Statement: Serving our neighbors in need … transforming lives and communities in response to Christ's call
- Handle all information with tact and discretion and recognize the confidential nature of MUST Ministries
- Support learning through performance of essential job functions and perform other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned
- Prospect, cultivate, and submit proposals, as well as manage and coordinate a complex grant portfolio
- Write and submit proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects Manage existing grants by maintaining a master calendar for all grant activity, to include submitted proposals and grant requests; maintains current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting; maintaining excellent historical records
- Provide detailed grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors; responsible for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects
- Create reports, graphics and presentation materials for foundations
- Acquire a strong understanding of institutional history and programs-and maintain sound knowledge of the organization; and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants
- Provide stewardship to current donors; assist with thanking foundations and acknowledging grants and develop a calendar of methodical stewardship contacts throughout the year.
- Assist with fundraising events and development opportunities
- Make appointments for MUST staff to meet with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees)
- Responsible for all filing and database record keeping to maintain excellent historical records
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years relevant job experience
- High level of computer literacy, including MS Office and Adobe. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Excellent writing, analytical and research skills
- Experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information
- Must have a solid understanding of budgets and financial statements as they relate to proposals and grants Excellent communications skills
Must Ministries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.