- Experience Level
Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research (Rally) a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, empowers volunteers across the country to raise awareness and funds for childhood cancer research to find better treatments with fewer long-term side effects and, ultimately, cures.
Rally is seeking an energetic individual to serve as the Development Manager. This person will be a passionate advocate for childhood cancer research and will be responsible for managing our Community Partner (CP) fundraising strategy and program, as well as assist with the oversight of the Young Professionals (YP) program, to increase organizational support from local businesses and community affiliations.
- all about the kids!
- mission driven and dedicated to investing in the best childhood cancer research
- a grassroots organization built on a foundation of accountability and powered by volunteers
- a fast-paced learning environment
- a close-knit team with an “all hands-on-deck” attitude
- open minded toward new, innovative ideas
- serious about working hard to make a difference and about having fun while we’re doing it!
The candidate must be enthusiastic about working for a non-profit with all its opportunities and challenges. This is a fast-paced, multifaceted opportunity for a candidate who takes initiative and wants to work hard while gaining unparalleled knowledge, experience and growth.
The Development Manager is responsible for managing existing community partners and development of new partnerships, execution of assigned Rally fundraising programs, including achievement of annual revenue goals and growth of the programs.
Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to
- Works with the Director of Development to develop long and short-term fundraising strategies for the Community Partner (CP) and Young Professionals (YP) Programs.
- Works closely with the Director of Development to build and steward trusting relationship with community partners and young professionals.
- Manage CP program to generate the maximum revenue support possible through the management of campaigns and special events.
- Follows annual program plan to corresponding budget outlining revenue and expenses; monitors progress against goals and produces monthly reports.
- Identifies and qualifies prospects working independently.
- Recruits and supports volunteer program leaders to support the development effort.
- Communicates effectively with the community through the writing of solicitation letters, creation of collateral content, and thank you notes.
- Researches and implements systematic efforts to identify, solicit, steward, maintain and upgrade annual community partners giving.
- Effectively manages the Community Partner Program to ensure the program meets the short and long-term administrative and fiscal guidelines and goals.
- Oversees all reporting and information management relative to CP and YP programs.
- Oversees the management and reporting of all information on CP and YP in Rally’s donor database (Salesforce)
- Keeps educated about Rally, Rally families, childhood cancer research and interface with our supporters, and other key leadership stake holders.
- Support other Rally events, campaigns and projects as assigned.
Community Partners Program
- Identify and network with corporations, mid to small business and key donors to engage their business support of Rally’s fundraising programs.
- Improve upon current strategic plan for the program including an aggressive and engaging partnership development strategy.
- Develop positive business partner interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of Rally.
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition communications for participation and donations to the program.
Rally Young Professionals Program
- Develop positive relationships with key members and recruited new members.
- Work with members to move their companies into the Community Partners Program
- Assist with strategic long-term planning of YP program
The ideal candidate will:
o Have exceptional organizational skills and follow through
o Have exceptional skills at building relationships
o Have the ability to inspire and motivate people
o Possess an entrepreneurial and a growth mindset
o Have demonstrated leadership in project management and building effective programs
o Have exceptional social emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead with empathy
o Have exceptional written and oral communication skills; be a strong public speaker
o Possess an enthusiasm and excitement for taking the risks necessary to create out of the box opportunities
o Be an independent problem-solver
o Be a strategic forward thinker; organized
o Take initiative and possess the ability to create, innovate, and implement action
o Be an exceptionally professional practitioner with high expectations
o Be able to maintain privacy with highly confidential information
o Be a reflective practitioner, open to growth and feedback
o Be an exemplary role model, up to date with best practices in the field of fundraising, and advancement.
o Have a good balance of visionary ideas and practical solutions
o Desires and enjoys working cooperatively in a fun and faced paced environment
- Bachelors degree: preferably in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business, or related field
- Minimum four successful years experience in fundraising and/or campaign management as an employee or key volunteer in a leadership position
- Minimum of 4 years of Development experience in fundraising with an emphasis on program development, campaign management and community relations as an employee or key volunteer in a leadership role
- Proven Track record of raising funds from individuals and foundations.
- Demonstrated senior leadership with strategic, policy, and budget planning experience.
- Excellent understanding of principles and techniques of Development activities, including annual giving, planned giving and event planning
- Experience in the design and implementation of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for prospects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing environments and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, networking, facilitation and management skills; work both independently and within a team-oriented structure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking, negotiations and effective communication with diverse audiences, including the ability to speak persuasively.
- Internet research savvy; manage donor database
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and approach, including solutions to complex issues. Exercise good judgment and decision making. Ability to work well under pressure. Ability to reason, think creatively, and problem solve;
- Position requires absolute confidentiality and professionalism in appearance, attitude and presentation.
- A self-starter with the ability to work productively and meet bench marks and goals timely and without day-to-day supervision.
- Database management and computer literacy (Microsoft Office), Salesforce experience a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Available minimum of 40 hours a week
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
This position reports to the Director of Development.
- Salary range based on experience: $45,000 to $55,000
This role reports directly to and works with the Development Director. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.