Workplace Equality Program Assistant
- Position Type
- Full Time
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
HRC’s Workplace Equality Program leverages a comprehensive portfolio involving research tools, advocacy, and direct consultation on domestic and international LGBTQ workplace issues. The team mobilizes the private sector to come in the public square for greater LGBTQ equality under the law; conducts innovative research on LGBTQ workplace experiences; trains across multinational and regional employers; and is anchored by its flagship benchmarking tool, the Corporate Equality Index. The program also works with an advisory group of business executives and corporate advocates -- the Business Advisory Council -- on special projects. The team’s primary projects include HRC’s Corporate Equality Index, public policy engagement, transgender inclusion, employer engagement and advancing global workplace equality.
The Workplace Equality Program (WEP) Assistant supports the Workplace Equality Program in various ways, including scheduling meetings, managing calendars, completing check requests, managing projects, assisting with mail merges, and more.
- Manages the calendar of program leaders and coordinates the leaders’ travel and scheduling of meetings with internal/external stakeholders
- Ensures smooth and efficient communication across departments through notice and leading of bi-weekly meetings, agendas and minutes; scheduling of conference calls; and maintaining contact lists and databases
- Assists with written correspondence and assists in receiving and returning phone calls
- Manages, as directed, special projects for the WEP team to potentially include research and creating PowerPoint and other presentations, in conjunction with other WEP team members
- Completes check requests, publication requests, supplies orders, expense reports, and credit card reconciliations
- Helps maintain database including updating contacts and account information
- Assists with mass mailing campaigns through mail merge platforms
- Supports the annual Corporate Equality Index by assisting with managing and educating stakeholders, assisting with survey validation, survey communications and other activities
- Manages events and convenings including invitation and RSVP management, catering, collateral preparation, and ‘day of’ event execution
- Assists with other special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required with one to two years’ relevant administrative work experience in a professional environment preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, such as managing someone else’s calendar, coordinating travel, balancing competing priorities, etc.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with a high level of professionalism, organization and collaboration required.
- Strong initiative, impeccable attention to detail, and the ability to proactively jump in to add capacity where needed.
- Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion.
- Ability to work individually, with the department and with other departments at HRC
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Pardot and Mailchimp a plus but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LGBTQ issues and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Interest in LGBTQ workplace inclusion.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.