Director of Chapter Services
- Experience Level
Director of Chapter & Member Services
100 Black Men of America, Inc.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Director of Chapter & Member Services serves as a key leadership team member and active participant in making strategic decisions affecting The 100. In partnership with the President/CEO, this position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day chapter development/sustainability of the organization. The successful candidate will help ensure tools, processes, procedures, and initiatives of the organization are designed and implemented to enhance chapter strengths and long-term viability. The candidate will also provide innovative thought leadership regarding expanding chapter capacity and effectiveness.
The candidate will need to recognize and bring thought to any chapter issues associated with expansion and diversification of The 100’s donor and membership base and work closely with other team members to implement appropriate planning, execution and reporting requirements. In addition, the Director of Chapter & Member Services will work closely with certain members of the board of directors and leverage technology to perform SWOT analyses of chapters and provide the tools to enhance Strengths, counteract/improve for Weaknesses, take advantage of Opportunities and eliminate/compensate for Threats.
To properly support chapters, this position will regularly meet face-to-face with chapter leadership and aid in providing the tools for sustainability initiatives.
Expansion of Sustainability Initiatives
- Provide innovative thought leadership regarding opportunities to enhance the strength and long term chapter viability
- Provide innovative thought leadership regarding expanding chapter capacity
- Engage with chapter leadership to determine resources that will aid in building and increasing chapter effectiveness, efficiency, and revenue.
- Develop tools, processes, procedures and initiatives to aid chapters in:
- Succession Planning
- Member Recruitment and Retention
- System Infrastructure
- Develop tools, processes, procedures and initiatives to aid chapters in more efficient execution and reporting of programs
- Leverage and implement technology, processes and procedures that aid chapters in identifying the logic models, associated metrics and outcomes for chapter execution
- Work in concert with Director of Programs to provide a holistic approach to supporting the chapter network
- Work to expand the collegiate 100 (C100) and emerging 100 (E100) program and membership base and create opportunities for growth through the 100 Black Men of America.
- Work with interest groups and the chapter development committee to expand the number of chapters covered under the 100 Black Men of America, Inc. organizational umbrella.
- Aid in the development of proposals and programmatic initiatives that will enhance chapter capacity
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the chapter sustainability, compliance reporting, and scholarship initiatives.
- Provide and coordinate the delivery of data to the assigned Board committees so they can accurately develop their respective presentations for board meetings.
- Engage and work closely with committee chairs to effectively execute the work of the respective committee.
- Make recommendations and give insight to leadership regarding work of the committee and committee chairs.
- Work in concert with the President and CEO to design and develop tactical ways to deliver on the strategic advocacy initiatives approved by the Board of Directors
- Work to identify incentives that increase value in being a part of the 100 Black Men of America, Inc. membership base.
- Work to identify creative revenue streams for the organization through engaging chapters and membership.
- Build a membership platform that enables chapters and membership to engage in business and revenue generating activity, including e-commerce, and vendor relationships.
- 5 - 7 years of professional experience in servicing customer needs; demonstrated success in managing and forging relationships
- Demonstrated success in leveraging technology to achieve organizational objectives
- Tangible experience of having assessed and established new processes, procedures and implementation of initiatives
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong project management skills, including organizational, time management and follow through skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels within and outside the 100
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's or Program Management Certifications preferred
- High energy and passion for The 100’s mission is essential
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement programmatic initiatives and the related financial budgets and operational objectives
- Customer focused
- A professional and resourceful style; with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at one time.
This position description describes essential functions and qualifications of the role as assigned by 100 Black Men of America, Inc. Management maintains the right to change reporting structure, assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities to this role at any time without restrictions.