- Experience Level
The Donor Development position for Lighthouse Family Retreat reports directly to the Director of Development. The Donor Officer role is highly relational and focuses on building financial partnerships with individuals, businesses, and foundations to help Lighthouse strengthen every family living through Childhood Cancer. This position assists with the management of fundraising events, coordinates all silent auction committees, coordinates event logistics, fundraisers by others as well as execute and manage the Donor Care Plan (database administration pertaining to “Thank You’s”, receipts, supporter reconciliation and scheduling touch points).
- Conducts research to identify prospective donors at the $1,000 to $2,500 level. Manages a portfolio of up to 120 financial donors. Proactively maintains relationships with these donors to retain and increase their giving.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with potential donors.
- Manage and update the Major Donor information in Salesforce.
- Develop, communicate and coordinate silent auction committees for various Lighthouse events.
- Assist Development team in supporting individuals who host fundraisers for Lighthouse with resources for awareness and financial support.
- Assist in managing logistical information and details for Lighthouse Family Retreat events.
- Assistant Development Team in increasing active monthly donors.
- Stays abreast of emerging trends within the development field (e.g. giving circles, mobile activations, peer-to-peer fundraising, etc.). Makes recommendations for how to incorporate new activities into an overall development strategy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must believe in the mission, direction, and premise of the ministry
- Understands the balance of results and relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Four-year college degree
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in fundraising, event management or non-profit related work
- Ability to travel up to 25%.