Professional Learning Community Specialist for Classroom Practices
- Position Type
- Full Time
Quality Care for Children
Child Care Resource and Referral of East Georgia
It is the policy of Quality Care for Children that all employees shall receive an equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, national origin, age, marital status or disability in employment.
Job Title: Professional Learning Community Specialist for Classroom Practices
Department: Child Care Resource and Referral
Supervisor: Director, CCR&R East Georgia Salary: Based on Education and Experience
- Coordinate and facilitate on-site professional learning communities.
- Coordinate and facilitate PLCs throughout the region to support teaching staff in CCLC and FCC programs.
- Develop individual plan of improvement as needed for providers receiving support from the PLC Specialist.
- Provide technical assistance and coaching in targeted topic areas to teaching staff in focused dosages.
- Collaborate with the PLC/Administrative Specialist, Training Coordinator and QCC Training Manager to plan trainings and PLCs based on the needs of the providers in the region.
- Participate in the planning and execution of community events.
- Meet all deliverables and monthly reports as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned to support the ongoing work of the CCR&R to meet the expectations of the contract.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field (Bachelor required). Dedicated to on- going professional development.
- Georgia Approved Trainer, preferred. Please submit a copy of your training approval letter.
- Completed PLC Facilitator Training – required, Completed PLC Coordinator training- preferred
- Experience working in a child care settings.
- Strong organization skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Bright From the Start regulations, Quality Rated system, Environment Rating Scales and Georgia State Funded Pre-K system.
- Knowledge of National Accreditation standards and assessment tools including the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Environmental Rating Scales (ERS) for all levels.
- Valid driver’s license and personal transportation required.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Team player.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
- Available to travel (50%-70%)
- Preferred experience working as a classroom teaching staff or family childcare provider
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Frequent driving.
- Consistently standing for 2 hours or more delivering training.
- Sitting at the computer for 3 hours or more at a time.
- Bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and moderate lifting (at least 25 pounds) required.
- Noise level in the work environment may be high at times.
To Apply: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and 1-page cover letter (list Early Care and Education Specialist of North Georgia in the e-mail's subject line). Please include your name when titling email attachments.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.