Foundation Manager, Sandy Springs Arts Foundation
- Degree Level
Foundation Manager, Sandy Springs Arts Foundation
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Foundation Manager will work closely with the Board Chair and the Board Development Committee to establish goals and priorities for the Sandy Springs Arts Foundation. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build the organization’s visibility, impact and financial resources. The Foundation Manager will have important associations with all board members in supporting their efforts to raise money effectively and will have critical associations with the Director of the Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center and other arts-related organizations in the Sandy Springs community to be defined.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major Gift Fundraising/Prospect Management: Work with the Board to develop and manage a major gifts program.
- Update and manage all critical information about donors and prospective donors.
- Develop a moves management system with information about interactions between board members and current/prospective donors including meeting dates, filing contact reports, tracking proposals and other materials shared during such meetings.
- Manage and distribute a Prospect Management Report to the Board Chair and Development Committee Chair on a bi-monthly basis showing all updated activity planned and achieved with major gift prospects.
Donor Research: Conduct donor research to support the fundraising efforts of the Sandy Springs Arts Foundation.
- Conduct research on local and regional foundations that fit with the mission, vision and goals of the Foundation.
- Conduct research on individuals in Sandy Springs that fit the mission, vision and goals of the Foundation.
- Prepare confidential profiles on all such donors and keep them updated.
- Donor research training will be provided to the Foundation Manager as needed, as well as tools to assist in the process.
Proposal Development: Develop proposals and maintain information relevant and necessary for proposal submission.
- Develop and maintain an active calendar of foundation deadlines and proposal requirements.
- Develop a case for support to be used in funding applications and other solicitation activities (with the approval of the Development Chair).
- Maintain other Foundation information necessary for proposal submissions (Board list, budgets, audits, IRS tax exempt letter, etc.)
- Write proposals and letters of inquiry (with the approval of the Development Chair) and submit with required accompanying documents.
Schedule meetings for fundraising and foundation awareness.
- Schedule meetings between members of the board and prospective donors and community leaders, based on a prioritized list developed in conjunction with the Development Chair and Board Chair.
- Attend meetings with board members as necessary.
Oversee Marketing efforts for the Foundation:
- Work with Board leadership to develop a comprehensive brand strategy/marketing plan for the Foundation.
- Maintain a presence on the SSAF website, Facebook page, and other social media in accordance with the plan.
- Implement other planned marketing efforts, which might include development of materials, placement of ads or calendar announcements, development and distribution of media releases, etc.
Manage the Foundation office and operations:
- Handle incoming communication and requests for information via phone, with prompt return of all calls and inquiries.
- Website maintenance, updates and communication (response to inquiries).
- Manage accounting functions of General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, in conjunction with retained accounting firm.
- Process all gift acknowledgements and tax receipts.
- Manage database/donor records system.
Provide Support to Board of Directors:
- Coordinate with Board Chair to set advance dates for meetings, to secure meeting space and refreshments and to send meeting reminders to all members in advance.
- Work with the Board Chair and other Committee Chairs to prepare needed materials in advance of each meeting.
- Support Board Chair and Committee Chairs as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and five plus years professional experience in a development position preferred.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (writing samples required).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Proven ability to manage multiple relationships/bosses and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and alone.
- Basic knowledge of business and office systems.
- Knowledge of social media tools and marketing strategies.
- Donor research techniques and/or proposal/grant development experience preferred.
This is a full-time position with some evening and weekend requirements to accommodate fundraising activities. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To submit an application for this position, log onto www.ourfundraisingsearch.com and submit your resume and cover letter. If you have application questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.