School Coordinator - Part Time
- Experience Level
Position: School Coordinator Regular, part-time Minimum hours—6 hours per week Workdays vary by site Reports to Program Manager. Work Schedule Tuesday - Thursday 9:30 - 1:30.
Generally, coordinates all aspects of the Power Lunch program at a particular school, functioning as a team with Program Manager and all Everybody Wins! staff. Areas of responsibilities and some duties include, but are not limited to:
At beginning of school year:
• With Program Manager, meet with Principal or other appropriate school staff to go over details for implementation of Power Lunch at school.
• With Program Manager, meet with school faculty to provide program orientation and solicit and collect names of recommended students
• With Program Manager, prepare to launch Power Lunch:
Distribute and collect permission slips signed by students’ parents Distribute names of participating students
On an on-going basis:
• Maintain communication with direct supervisor (Program Manager) regarding all Power Lunch program operations.
• In a timely manner, inform supervisor of all changes to Power Lunch schedule, relevant school calendar items (cancellations as well as upcoming events like graduation, awards ceremonies, field trips, etc.)
• Maintain communication with school staff including, but not limited to the Principal, administrative staff, and teachers.
• Maintain communication with all volunteer Reading Mentors, providing any information affecting regular Power Lunch operations.
• Maintain security of Everybody Wins! materials such as the book cart, laptop, marketing material, and book giveaways.
• Maintain volunteer hours on CERVIS.
• Distribute and collect all appropriate materials for program operations including, but not limited to all administrative reports, student newsletters and giveaways for students/volunteers.
• Execute any special projects such as end of year photos.
• With Program Manager, explore new programming and/or enrichment ideas for Power Lunch at a particular school.
• Push book cart, approximately 20 pounds, from storage area to designated reading area and return to storage location.
• Continuous standing may be necessary when checking in mentors. Additionally, walking through the halls, into the cafeteria, up and down stairs may be necessary to ensure the students efficiently meet their mentors.
• Occasionally lift boxes upwards of 25 pounds.