Senior Communications Specialist
- Experience Level
Voted one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2019!
In tandem with the Senior Director of Communications, the Senior Communications Specialist assists with the development and execution of creative and strategic communication initiatives to promote NCCPA’s overall communication goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Communications to develop and implement a proactive and comprehensive communications strategy that supports NCCPA’s strategic goals.
- Partner closely with assigned business units to identify communications needs and translate them into strategic, executable communications plans.
- Provide communications expertise, support, consultation and guidance to assigned business units.
- Ensure that communications align with organizational branding and style guidelines.
- Effectively collaborates with communications team counterparts on department initiatives
- Develop clear and concise written communications including, but not limited to: press releases, newsletters, web articles, fact sheets, award nominations, scripts and speeches.
- Utilize current communications vehicles and recommends emerging vehicles to better reach targeted audiences.
- Help coordinate responses to media inquiries, while working closely with the public relations agency to develop and enhance media relationships on behalf of NCCPA.
- Proactively identify issues that may impact the organization’s reputation and help to develop communication plans to mitigate situations.
- Contribute to managing relationship with public relations agency, monitoring press coverage and analyzing reports.
- Participate in emergency and crisis communications preparedness and execution.
- Regularly analyze key stakeholder groups and ensures a segmented communications approach.
- Participate in data-driven analysis of communications effectiveness and adapt/respond to findings as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or a related field.
- 7 or more years of experience in a Corporate Communications department or in an agency.
- Superb writing and grammar skills.
- Excellent editing, research and verbal communications skills with demonstrated ability to write on a variety of complex topics.
- Experience building communication plans that consider the nuances of different audiences.
- Knowledge and application of Associated Press (AP) Style.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated business acumen and integrated thinking.
Benefits and Perks
- NCCPA employees enjoy a standard work week of 37.5 hours, Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
- NCCPA offers a competitive compensation and benefit package for our valued employees. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement arrangement, life insurance and short- and long-term disability coverage. In addition to time off for holidays, our employees enjoy a generous paid time off program for vacation, personal and sick time, flexible time, and telecommuting.
- Other benefits include a robust 401(k) plan, profit sharing as well as flexible spending, and tuition and health club reimbursement programs. We also offer a complimentary snack bar.
- NCCPA offers Educational Reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year and extensive opportunities for Training and Professional Development Reimbursement.