Home Study Manager
- Experience Level
FaithBridge Foster Care is a Christ-centered nonprofit that partners with churches to launch foster care ministries, trains foster families and volunteers and contracts with the government to place children in stable and supportive foster homes
The Home Study Manager is responsible for managing the Home Study Specialists and Contractors. This position is responsible for reviewing, completing and/or approving foster and/or adoptive home studies for the purpose of recommending approval for prospective or current foster, respite or adoptive families.
Core Responsibilities and Expectations
- Determines suitability of prospective and current foster care / adoptive home families. This includes preparation of comprehensive psycho-social home study, interviewing of foster / adoptive parent applicants to evaluate the family’s motivation, functioning and dynamics, and collecting and interpreting collateral information. Assessment is completed according to agency standards for foster or adoptive parent competencies.
- Assures compliance of foster / adoptive home providers with program policies and state licensing or certification requirements.
- Provides an awareness of potentially serious problems which may arise in the foster / adoptive care homes and alerts management of such concerns, especially those which may have legal risk or safety ramifications.
- Consultation with agency staff regarding the selecting of a foster or adoptive home for a child and the transition of that child to the home.
- Ensures that all home study paperwork is uploaded and managed in the agency case management online system.
- Ensures accuracy of all records, reports and documentation and maintains organized files.
- Provide oversight and implementation of home study policies and procedures that support all rules and regulations of the State and Federal governments and COA.
- Ensures that reevaluations & addendums are completed accurately and on time to maintain home licenses
- Ensure the quality of assessments, evaluations, and development and implementation of home study service throughout the state.
- Supervise home study staff and provide day-to-day coaching.
- Ensures supervised home study staff are accountable for all work assigned and is completed in timely manner.
- Ensures Home Study assessments and documents meet the requirements set forth by DFCS, RCCL and OPM.
- Participates in the onboarding of new staff as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Master’s Degree in Human Services Field (ie., Social Work, Psychology, Behavioral Science, Counseling, Ministry/Theology, or other related degree). Clinical Experience: clinical knowledge, particularly in the areas of childhood trauma, family-systems, foster care. IMPACT Certified. Four (4) Years’ Administration experience, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience of supervisory experience. Detailed knowledge of State of GA DFCS foster care policies, procedures, reporting requirements for GA Score, GA Shines, juvenile justice court process and procedures.
Skill Requirements: Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences in clients, staff, foster parents and families served. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to work within a team. Ability to handle job related matters in a professional, diplomatic and confidential manner. Knowledge of community resources and services. Ability to organize and execute responsibilities in an independent manner. Knowledge of normal business computer skills. Competent in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.