Benefits Outreach Manager
- Experience Level
Who We Are:
The Atlanta Community Food Bank is working to end hunger in our community with the food, people and big ideas needed so that no one worries where their next meal is coming from. Since 1979, we’ve been providing food for a growing network of nonprofit partners – including food pantries, community kitchens, child care centers, night shelters and senior centers. We currently serve more than 600 partners in 29 counties across metro Atlanta and north Georgia.
About the Role:
The Benefits Outreach Manager manages the Benefits Coordinators who are part of the Benefits Outreach Program that provides assistance throughout ACFB’s multi-service area. He/she designs and provides training and outreach to ACFB partner agencies and non-partner agencies and their clients. Finally, designs and maintains program data and complete reports. The position is supervised by the Senior Manager of Benefits Outreach.
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise Benefit Coordinators as they conduct screenings at designated locations.
- Maintain current screening locations by providing updated screening dates and times along with advertising for the locations.
- Develop and guide implementation of the strategy to identify, secure, and schedule the Benefit Coordinators at new locations as appropriate.
- Design procedures to assist program recipients with determining eligibility and application assistance for food stamps, Medicaid, TANF, Subsidized Child Care, WIC, LIHEAP, Medicare Savings programs and other forms of public assistance.
- Coordinate deployment of staff to participate in fairs and events to provide benefit screening.
- Ensure that Benefit Coordinators are meeting targets and completing required paperwork and documentation.
- Fill in as a Benefit Coordinator when extra coverage is needed.
- Identify and approach agencies (in coordination with Agency Services and other Community Services Group staff) that would benefit from providing training on assisting their clients with benefit screening.
- May require completing site visits with partner agencies that are trained to conduct benefit screening and training new partners that DHS identifies.
- Provide support and limited technical assistance to trained partner agencies as they use the Gateway system.
- Provide outreach materials to partner agencies through the Mobile Food Pantry program.
Data Management /Analysis
- Maintain program data to corroborate set goals.
- Provide data to internal and outside partners when requested.
What You’ll Need:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience in a human service field such as Social Work, Sociology, Public Health, or related field
- Minimum two consecutive years successfully managing a program and staff
Experience with public benefits-food stamps, Medicaid, TANF, CAPS, LIHEAP, and/or WIC
- Experience with work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Proven experience successfully working with multiple deadlines
- Experience in formal and informal in-person presentations to outside groups
- Customer Service
This role may be a fit for you if you:
- Are by nature a self-starter, quick learner, detail oriented and have strong organizational and communication skills;
- Are very attentive to detail, especially in documentation and reporting
- Have a clear driving record and reliable transportation
- Are able to do independent work successfully as part of an overall team
Even Better if You Have:
- Master’s Degree in a human service field: Social Work, Sociology, Public Health, or related field
- Prior experience managing at a food bank or non-profit program
- Fluency in Spanish
And You'll Love this Position if:
- You adjust quickly to changes to work processes and requirements
- You set high standards of performance for yourself and others and strive to consistently achieve excellence in all tasks and goals
- You form strong relationships and partnerships in order to provide an outstanding service experience to internal and external customers, and take responsibility for customer satisfaction by listening, following up and meeting deadlines.
There may be some Physical Demands and travel:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is routinely required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- The employee is frequently required to travel in the local metro Atlanta area to community partner sites. Local travel is approximately 35% of time.
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Food Service Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Social Work / Counseling Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta