Youth and Young Adult Leadership Trainer & Community Resource Coordinator
- Experience Level
Job Summary: This position is responsible for assisting in the creation and development of the substance abuse prevention community coalition; youth and young adult recruitment, education and leadership youth leadership training; and coordination of community engagement activities. This position also entails active participation in marketing, data collection and evaluation efforts; and sustaining a high-quality prevention program in conjunction with civic and community partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the implementation and coordination of all grant program goals, objectives and activities.
- Provide staff support to the coalition in order to strengthen and enhance collaboration and cooperation.
- Assist the coalition with increasing citizen participation among all sectors and organization.
- Works closely with the coalition to assist with the development and implementation of the SPF process and work plan to oversee the implementation.
- Facilitate the Community Ambassador Leadership Training components.
- Assist with the development prevention messages and dissemination mechanisms.
- Assists with conducting prevention workshops and community outreach initiatives.
- Attends weekly supervisory meeting.
- Maintains mailing, fax, telephone logs, and all internal reports and records.
- Submits required reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Responsible to: Project Coordinator
Qualifications: This position requires a bachelor’s degree and/or minimum of 5+ years’ experience in substance abuse prevention and 3+ years in community organization, outreach planning and implementation, and coalition building. This person shall maintain a friendly, positive and non-judgmental attitude toward all people. Team building, effective communication, and recruitment skills are additional attributes required.
Skills and Knowledge: This person skillset should include direct experience with youth and young adults, substance abuse prevention education, community development and engagement experience, coordination and educational facilitation skills.