Assistant Vice President of Family Shelters
- Experience Level
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT, FAMILY SHELTERS
LOCATION: YONKERS / NYC
REPORTS TO: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, SERVICES
SUMMARY: The Assistant Vice President of Family Shelters oversees all aspects of Tier II shelters that fall under our portfolio. This position continually monitors the quality of the programs and services provided within the departments and reports to the Senior Vice President of Services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the Sr. Vice President on the development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for building/fostering strong relationships with the DHS, community leaders and partner organizations.
- Works with the Sr. Vice President of Services to develop programs and apply for funding in response to agency, client and community needs.
- Responsible for the successful coordination and implementation of new programs.
- Monitors program compliance with all contractual and regulatory agreements, including but not limited to DHS.
- Oversee personnel performance management including the hiring process. Monitors performance appraisal and salary review process within the division.
- Develops, implements and oversees enforcement of policies and procedures based on best practices.
- Sets and monitors department goals and outcomes.
- Assists Program Directors with problem solving, assessing the quality of programs and services, and planning/implementing necessary changes to ensure quality service delivery.
- Manages program budgets and spending.
- Ensures that program services, and the physical plants adhere to Westhab’s and funders expectations.
- Participates in various committees and outside coalitions as assigned by the SVP.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Vice President of Services and his designee.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Masters Degree preferred, Bachelor degree required in social services field and five + years of senior-level administrative experience and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs serving homeless / special needs client populations. Candidate should have substantial experience working with NYS, NYC and federal funding agencies. Extensive experience in the supervision of staff is necessary, as are strong managerial and administrative skills and experience in fiscal analysis and grants management. Must have own car and valid NYS Driver’s License.