- Position Type
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Exhibition Coordinator
Revision Date: 9/25/19
REPORTS TO: Exhibition Manager
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: Under the general direction of the Exhibition Manager, plays a key role in facilitating and maintaining all special exhibitions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in scheduling, facilitating, and maintaining all Garden special exhibitions
- Oversees day to day functions of exhibitions.
- Coordinates activities related to developing, installing, renovating, and/or maintaining exhibits, including borrowed, traveling, or rented exhibits.
- Oversees upkeep of exhibitions, including coordinating with exhibition staff on daily, short, and long term requirements to maintain exhibitions in good functioning order.
- Performs regular inspection of exhibitions to identify deficiencies and needs, and coordinates with staff across departments to initiate corrective actions
- Coordinates fabrication and production needs with in-house staff or contractors as-needed.
- Assist in the procurement of materials to be used in exhibitions and installations such as: wall texts, fabric, paint, samples, estimations, ordering materials
- Ensure production schedules are maintained for exhibition installations and deinstallations as set forth by Exhibition Manager.
- Reviews and ensures compliance with conditions set down in agreements for borrowed or rented exhibitions.
- Oversees receipt and release of exhibition materials
2. Oversee and manage activity at ABG off-site storage warehouse including;
- Managing inventory including conducting regular physical inventories and keeping electronic asset tracking documents up-to-date
- Scheduling necessary maintenance, cleaning, and supplies
- Implementing and tracking project status and communicating status and needs to Exhibition Manager
- Preparing product and inventory for installation and de-installation of Garden Lights exhibit
- Maintains warehouse layout to ensure efficient space utilization
3. General Administrative duties
- Assist with the tracking of departmental and project budgets by maintaining and tracking estimates and invoices, as requested.
- Arrange exhibition-related travel for ABG staff, outside contractors, and other staff.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all departments and all levels of management, participating on cross-functional teams as necessary to develop strategic initiatives.
- Attend departmental and other Garden planning meetings as required or requested.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
May supervise the work of others.
STATUS AND SCOPE: Exhibitions are a critical part of the Gardens revenue generation process. ABG has developed a strong reputation for putting on high quality exhibitions. The expectations of our members and the public garden community is for top notch shows. Proactively assist the Exhibitions Manager with all seasonal and special exhibits, including the handling of fine art and being a good steward of multi-million dollar budgets on some shows.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree or corresponding combination of experience and education required. 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience required. Strong written and oral communications skills and attention to detail are essential to success in this position. At least an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel or similar programs is also required, along with a clean Georgia Motor Vehicle License.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Intermittent standing and walking with periods of sitting in meetings, at desk or working at computer depending on the tasks at hand. Exposure to all types of weather may be necessary during installations and shows. Position routinely requires visual and aural acuity, manual dexterity. Ability to climb ladders, kneel, crouch and reach with hands and arms in any direction. Ability to move heavy objects and use basic tools.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to effectively respond to multiple, changing and often conflicting priorities is essential. Must be able to effectively interact with the general public and co-workers.
Position requires night and/or weekend/holiday hours