- Experience Level
Position Summary and Essential Functions
The Events Coordinator will work with the EVP, Membership and the EVP, Knowledge Sharing in coordinating, planning, and executing OFN’s events. Specifically, this position coordinates and organizes event logistics to ensure successful Annual Conferences, Small Business Finance Forums, regional meetings, advocacy days, webinars, trainings, and other meetings and events as necessary.
- Plan and coordinate events (both in-person and virtual) in conjunction with the EVP, Membership and EVP, Knowledge Sharing.
- Anticipate event needs, manage event planning calendar and scheduling, discern work priorities, monitor event timelines ensuring deadlines are met.
- Lead the call for sessions process: update and send invitations, organize responses, recruit reviewers, prepare ranking sheets, organize reviewer responses.
- Manage event registration: update web site content, track comp codes, handle all registration inquiries, provide registration information to Meeting Planner in a readily usable form and on a timely basis, conduct on-site registration and manage attendee issues.
- Manage Conference breakout session presenters: communicate key dates, gather speaker needs, handle inquiries, communicate needs to Meeting Planner.
- Manage internal and external requests for meeting space at the conference hotel: create request forms, communicate with those making requests, and coordinate approved requests with Meeting Planner for space assignment.
- Maintain inventory of event-related items (e.g., name badges, lanyards, binders), prepare meeting materials such as agendas and name badges, ensure training binders are properly assembled, and ensure materials are shipped to the event location on time.
- Leads attendee evaluation process for all events. Prepare summary reports for staff and Board.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years of work experience in lieu of a degree.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in event or project management.
- Professional event planning experience of events up to 1,500 people
- A strong passion for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision, and values. Familiarity with the CDFI industry strongly preferred where one can be a fearless advocate, who is confident and resilient in OFN’s fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Experience drafting original audience-specific communications for management review and publication required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite products.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
- A collaborative team player who possesses good interpersonal skills to work across all levels of the organization, humility, and a willingness to learn in all areas of our work.
- Smart, quick seeker of knowledge with the ability to think strategically, and creatively with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with ease and efficiency under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work constructively with a diverse audience.
- Light to moderate travel required (5-10% of the time).
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond the ability to travel.
Supervisor: EVP, Membership FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation - $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position