Program Coordinator for Membership and Stewardship
- Position Type
- Full Time
Program Coordinator for Membership and Stewardship
Position Description: Program Coordinator for Membership and Stewardship
Department: Membership and Stewardship
Direct Report: Vicar and Director of Stewardship
Employment Classification: Full-time, Exempt, Regular 40 hour work week
Scope of Responsibility:
This position is responsible for membership support to include visitor follow-up, member registration, and database management. The position will also support the stewardship office which raises annual, capital, and endowment funds for the parish. Additionally, the position will support colleagues and ministry leaders by extracting information from the database as requested, and by pro-actively data-mining for membership and ministry opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect visitor cards, enter information into database, and make follow-up calls
- Send welcome letters and process membership forms
- Coordinate new member events, activities, dinners, etc.
- Manage transfers in and out, including all paperwork and data entry; conduct appropriate research when records are not found.
- Make database entries as appropriate, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Send welcome packet to all new members
- Assist Canon for Congregational Life with supporting Newcomer Committee
- Write “Meet a Member” profiles
- Ensure new records are set up correctly
- Review old records and update/amend as needed
- Review existing data for content and/or duplication, make necessary changes
- Update existing records as life events occur (birth, marriage, death, baptism, change of address, etc.)
- Pro-actively mine the data for ministry opportunities and share information with colleagues
- Manage email subscriptions
- Coordinate 52 Weeks of Thanks lists and mailings
Staff and Ministry Support:
Respond promptly to all requests from colleagues for information to include
- Annual Parish Report in November
- Annual Parochial Report in January
- Annual Parish Handbook in May
- Annual Parish Directory in August
- Weekly Status Check for Membership meeting
- Friends of Cathedral Music & Cathedral Antiques Show donor lists
Provide weekly and monthly membership reports to Canon Staff
Provide information about member transitions for the weekly Times newsletter
Respond promptly to all requests from ministry leaders
Respond promptly to requests from Diocese
Prepare “Proof of Membership” forms for members who apply to the Cathedral Preschool, according to current procedures; coordinate with the Asst. Director of the Preschool
Provide support to staff members who need assistance with database entries
Prepare Chapter Reports
Maintain pew cards in nave and MIkell Chapel
Assist clergy with lists for Sunday School classes
- Maintain Burial and Confirmation Registers
- Review Baptism and Wedding Registers
- Ensure all registers are signed by Canons
- Extract information and enter into the database
The position will assist the Director of Stewardship in the daily and long-term efforts to develop financial support for the Cathedral of St. Philip. The position will be a support position for the stewardship office which raises annual, capital, and endowment funds for the Cathedral of St. Philip.
* Respond to inquiries from parishioners regarding stewardship functions, i.e. pledge history, status, etc.
* Prepare acknowledgments for various gifts to the Cathedral (memorials, bequests, annual pledge, etc.)
* Work with Communications Director to integrate and manage email marketing program for Cathedral.
* Assemble various targeted mailings (stewardship campaign, Christmas, LYBUNTs, etc.)
* Assist Stewardship Director with identifying and arranging visits with parishioners.
* Coordinate small and large group meetings regarding stewardship at the Cathedral.
* Work with various departments and database to mine data for stewardship
* Run weekly, monthly, and periodic contribution reports
* Manage online portal, kiosk, giving options, etc.
Education and/or Experience
- Experience using of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, MailChimp
- Experience using of TouchPoint or other CRM
- Knowledge of the Episcopal Church
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, and to meet deadlines
Self-starter, motivated, detailed oriented, proactive, ability to link concepts, tenacious, good listening skills, willingness to pitch-in, and ability to get along well with others. Some sales skill advantageous, basic understanding of charitable giving, excellent communication and/or phone skills, ability to be discreet and to maintain confidentiality of data, and work as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Ability to move around the church or parishioners’ homes often and to sit for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be available to work from 8:30 AM-5:30 PM Monday-Friday and ability to work the occasional odd hours such as Sundays.
Send cover letter and resume by clicking on the apply button. No phone calls please.