Program Director (Jaqui' Foundation)
- Experience Level
POSITION TITLE: Program Director
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
DIRECT REPORTS: Program Coordinator and Support role to Lead Instructors, Instructors, On-Call Instructors, Volunteers and Consumers
The Program Director provides leadership, strategic direction and ensures the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Jaqui’ Foundation’s programs (ILS, SLS, Community Integration Program and Adaptive Skills Training Program). The Director will have experience with Adaptive Skills Training (AST) Programming in order to oversee and implement. This position will also be responsible for the oversight of the Program Coordinator for all day to day management of the organization’s programs, services and personnel in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This position also provides oversight of all consumers (i.e. case management, referrals, billing, etc.).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight of agency staff and consumers decentralized throughout the East and North Bay.
- Oversight, implementation and management of the Adaptive Skills Training (AST) Program.
- Support the Executive Director in developing and implementing an administrative plan and procedures defining lines of responsibility, workloads, and staff supervision.
- Oversee all written reports prepared by instructional and support staff, including assessments, monthly progress reports, prepare quarterly and annual reports, and additional documentation.
- Coordinate with other agencies’ services and supports provided for consumers.
- Supervise Coordinator and support Staff in their delivery of service and support to consumers including monthly staff meetings and meetings between consumers and their stakeholders.
- Ensure all consumers have current authorizations for services provided while in program.
- Oversight of consumer files; 90-day evaluations, master change forms, release of information forms, wage rating forms, behavioral documentation, face sheets, and any other necessary documentation.
- Oversight of controlling and safeguarding the records of consumers.
- Oversight of all documentation (ISP, Semi-annual) with consumers and stakeholders for the individual’s annual meetings.
- Ensure culturally competent assessments of new consumers using a person-centered process are implemented throughout all programs.
- Oversee Individual/Family Service Plans including training goals.
- Oversee and support recruitment, training, retention, appraisal and termination of staff.
- Oversee and prepare monthly billing statements for submission to Funders.
- Oversee the development and implementation of written curriculum for orientation and on-going staff training and development and consumer services.
- Oversee written reports prior to submission to the Funder or other stakeholders.
- Oversee daily records (contract log) to document the delivery of services to consumers in compliance with their Individual Service Plans and Purchase of Service Authorizations from the Funders.
- Support instructional staff in overseeing their programs and responsibilities through training, goals and reviews.
- Ensure that all staff are trained in and guarantee the rights of all consumers, as defined in Title 17, including appropriate reporting procedures when any violation of rights occurs or is suspected.
- Coordinate periodic quality assurance evaluations of the Jacqui’ services and staff.
- Coordinate ongoing evaluation of services by consumers and their minor children (if applicable) upon completion of annual reviews of Individual/Family Service Plan(s).
- Perform first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and emergency consultation, as appropriate to the need with respect to any specific consumer.
- Must act as a Mandated Reporter, and responsible to report any known or suspected adult abuse.
- Must comply with applicable federal, state and local regulations and law
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Has a Masters Degree in Education, Psychology, Counseling, Nursing, Social Work, Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavioral Medicine, Speech and Language, or Rehabilitation required.
- At least one year of experience in the design and implementation of adaptive skills training plans required.
- Minimum of two years of experience implementing independent/supported living skill training in a community based environment serving developmentally disabled adults and/or direct experience providing direct service and support to people with disabilities.
- Two years experience supervising staff directly.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter, multi-task and resourceful; works well under pressure.
- Ability to recruit consumers and staff.
- Ability to develop professional working relationships with stakeholders and community members.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Has a reliable vehicle and is willing to support in individuals throughout the East Bay, including: Oakland, Richmond, Vallejo, San Leandro, Antioch and Concord. In addition, North Bay and the Peninsula as needed.
- Has a TB clearance, current CPR and First Aid certification, valid California driver’s license, clean DMV printout and current automobile insurance.
- Available hours through all shifts: day, evening and weekends (as needed).
- Ability to represent Jaqui’ Foundation in a professional manner.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs as needed
- Ability to stand, stoop, and bend – frequently
- Ability to drive their own vehicle and transport consumers regularly
- Valid California Driver’s License/ID
- Proof of negative TB test results
- Verification of good physical health by physician
- CPR Certification/First Aide Training
- Ability to obtain criminal fingerprint clearance
- At least 18 years of age