Program Coordinator (Jaqui' Foundation)
- Experience Level
POSITION TITLE: Program Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Program Director
DIRECT REPORTS: ILS/SLS Instructors, Community Integration Training Instructors, On-Call Instructors, Volunteers and Consumers
The Program Coordinator provides leadership, strategic direction and ensures the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Jaqui’ Foundation’s programs (ILS, SLS, Community Integration Program and Adaptive Skills Training Program). Responsible for the day to day management of the organization’s programs, services and personnel in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This position also provides management of all consumers (i.e. case management, referrals, billing, etc.).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Program Director in developing and implementing an administrative plan and procedures defining lines of responsibility, workloads, and staff supervision
- Review all written reports prepared by Lead, instructional and support staff, including assessments, monthly progress reports, prepare quarterly and annual reports, and additional documentation
- Develop and oversee comprehensive program evaluation of the program
- Coordinate with other agencies’ services and supports provided for consumers
- Maintain a caseload and provide 1:1 ILS/SLS services directly as needed
- Schedule all ISP (Individual Service Plan) meetings with residential homes, family and GGRC social worker for each consumer served annually and as needed.
- consumer files; 90-day evaluations, master change forms, release of information forms, wage rating forms, behavioral documentation, face sheets, and any other necessary documentation.
- Responsible for controlling and safeguarding the records of consumers.
- Complete all documentation (ISP, Semi-annual) with consumers and stakeholders for the individual’s annual meetings.
- Coordinate and perform culturally competent assessments of new consumers using a person-centered process.
- Oversee and prepare Individual/Family Service Plans including training goals.
- Supervise Lead and Instructional Staff in their delivery of service and support to consumers including monthly staff meetings and meetings between consumers and their stakeholders
- Work with the Parenting Consultant to support to staff when necessary and indicated
- Oversee and manage recruitment, retention, appraisal and termination of staff with support of the Program Lead. Assure that all program staff is competent to provide the services necessary to meet individual consumer needs. Schedule, supervise and evaluate program staff including the application of appropriate disciplinary and termination procedures when necessary.
- Provide one to one on the job training to new staff
- Oversee the development and implementation of written curriculum for orientation and on-going staff training and development and consumer services
- Review written reports prior to submission to the Funder or other stakeholders.
- Review daily records (contract log) to document the delivery of services to consumers in compliance with their Individual Service Plans and Purchase of Service Authorizations from the Funders.
- Support instructional staff in overseeing their programs and responsibilities through training, goals and reviews.
- Review and Oversight of agency documentation (i.e. Employee Handbook, Policies and Procedures, Trainings, etc)
- Insure that all staff are trained in and guarantee the rights of all consumers, as defined in Title 17, including appropriate reporting procedures when any violation of rights occurs or is suspected.
- Coordinate periodic quality assurance evaluations of the Jacqui’ services and staff.
- Perform first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and emergency consultation, as appropriate to the need with respect to any specific consumer.
- Must act as a Mandated Reporter, and responsible to report any known or suspected adult abuse.
- Must comply with applicable federal, state and local regulations and law
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Education, Psychology, Human Services or other relevant field Required; Masters degree in a related field preferred.
- One year of experience implementing independent living skill training in a community based environment serving intellectually disabled adults and/or direct experience providing direct service and support to people with disabilities.
- 1 year experience supervising staff directly.
- 2 years experience providing case management to consumers.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter, multi-task and resourceful; works well under pressure.
- Ability to recruit consumers and staff.
- Ability to develop professional working relationships with stakeholders and community members.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Has a reliable vehicle and is willing to support in individuals throughout the East Bay, including: Oakland, Richmond, Vallejo, San Leandro, Antioch and Concord. In addition, North Bay and the Peninsula as needed.
- Has a TB clearance, current CPR and First Aid certification, valid California driver’s license, clean DMV printout and current automobile insurance.
- Available hours through all shifts: day, evening and weekends (as needed).
- Ability to represent Jaqui’ Foundation in a professional manner.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs as needed
- Ability to stand, stoop, and bend – frequently
- Ability to drive their own vehicle and transport consumers regularly
- Valid California Driver’s License/ID
- Proof of negative TB test results
- Verification of good physical health by physician
- CPR Certification/First Aide Training
- Ability to obtain criminal fingerprint clearance
- At least 18 years of age