- Experience Level
Job Title: Case Manager/Re-entry Specialist
Basic Function: This position will be responsible for assisting with program planning; completing all required certifications, trainings and continuing education and teach participants job search, job readiness and life skills using various methods and tools that will improve their likelihood of employment and job retention.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under direction, ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, goals and objectives of the EQUIP program.
- Utilize Individual Service Plans to assess participant’s employment, life skill and re-integration to family and society needs.
- Develop, plan, and implement comprehensive vocational and life skill program activities.
- Facilitate individual and group level workshops.
- Document program participation and assess skill attainment.
- Make referrals for employment opportunities and apprenticeships.
- Determine and provide referrals regarding education needs such as GED classes and computer skills training.
- Collaborate with staff from other social service agencies, community colleges, business and churches to develop additional resources for program participants and maintain good working relationships and to ensure participants’ needs are being met.
- Maintain confidential client records; prepare reports and statistics as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Combination of experience and education normally represented by an Associate’s Degree in Education, Social Services, Business Administration, or related field.
- Must have experience in a classroom setting; taught workshops, seminars etc. 1-2 years experience teaching adults preferred.
- Knowledge of the needs and characteristics of adult learners preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge and utilization of community resources.
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also working independently.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with diverse client population and community organizations as well as staff at all levels. Needs to show patience and courtesy when working with people is a necessity.
- Good working knowledge of computers with familiarity of Microsoft Office
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.
- Must be willing to work with the prison population
- Must have reliable transportation
Responsible to: Agency Specific Site Coordinator and/or Program Director