Community Program Manager, New England
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Community Engagement department is charged with ensuring that the Foundation is continually identifying, listening and responding to the needs of the Parkinson’s community as collaborators and partners. The role of the Program Manger is to oversee the development and delivery of community-based education and empowerment programs for the Foundation throughout the New England Chapter (serving MA, CT, RI, NH, VT and ME).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the development and implementation of community-based education and empowerment programs for the defined geographical area including but not limited to: nationally developed programs within a specific region, professional and patient educational events, wellness/exercise programs, community presentations, public policy events and community outreach.
- Manage the budget and calendar for these community-based education and empowerment programs.
- Manage and implement strategies to gather feedback from community both to ensure programs are valuable and to increase community engagement.
- Identify opportunities for partnerships and collaborations with outside entities (e.g., senior centers, other organizations, COEs) to maximize impact and engagement.
- Build, develop and maintain relationships among Parkinson’s constituency including people living with Parkinson’s disease, health care professionals and other stakeholder groups to advance community engagement goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Development Managers within the region to build strategic partnerships and mutually support outreach efforts.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow and maintain a network of volunteers within the region to support local programs and events.
- Perform related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree (MSW or MPH) preferred.
- Minimum of 4-6 years healthcare experience. Non-profit experience a plus.
- Proven track-record of effective leadership and ability to deliver patient-focused high-quality programs, navigate complex issues, manage multiple stakeholders, make decisions and drive strong results.
- Strong proficiency in project management with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly collaborative; ability to work independently and as part of a larger geographically dispersed team.
- Excellent presentation and written skills.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Community Program Manager, New England” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.